Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Free the Black Isle one.
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Poor ol' Druidh. all he did was make a dubious pun – perhaps a bit too subtle for some.

A months ban he gets! FFA he has been responsible for some terrible puns in the past, and there are times when yes – I could have kicked him for them but surely this is cruel and unusual punishment?

so what do you call people from Nigg?then?

Do'h – wrong forum

GlenMore
    Free Member

Wrong forum and judging by the previous thread, you seem have the wrong Nigg too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigg,_Highland

Coyote
    Free Member

Nigg ain't on the Black Isle.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Is druidh really fae Nigg? That's just up the road from me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Multiple fail

I shall retreat under my bridge

tails
    Free Member

Some people would probably like a ban, as I reckon I have easily clocked up more STW hours than bike hours this year.

gwaelod
    Free Member

There are at least two Niggs in Northern Scotland – Nigg Bay just by Cromarty, and Nigg which is next to Torry (Aberdeen). This whole controversy came up in a diversive behaviour workshop our company attended whilst I worked in Aberdeen. Aberdonians of a certain generation have always called people from Wick – Wickers, and similarly with people from Nigg too the ers has always been added to the end. – The whole workshop descended into farce, with the 50 somethings demanding that the bloke from down south running the course come up with some politically correct terminology for someone from Nigg. The "wee wifie" thing took matters to a different level.

Most fun I have ever had on a staff training course.

Stu_N

Swanydo – He's from Balerno.

I think he put up a thread about the Nigg to Cromatry ferry people and made some joke/ comment/ reference to people from Nigg, using a word for a black person that is near-universally regarded as offensive. Don't know if it's actually correct to refer them as such – they could be properly known as Niggites or Niggonias or Niggwegians – but I don't think that's what he got banned for.

GlenMore
    Free Member

gwaelod – Member

There are at least two Niggs in Northern Scotland – Nigg Bay just by Cromarty, and Nigg which is next to Torry (Aberdeen). This whole controversy came up in a diversive behaviour workshop our company attended whilst I worked in Aberdeen. Aberdonians of a certain generation have always called people from Wick – Wickers, and similarly with people from Nigg too the ers has always been added to the end.

A prima facie case of wrongful banning? Has anyone informed the mods?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I tend to agree Glen – it would appear the pun was just too subtle for some

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Free the Black Isle one.’ is closed to new replies.