Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Free software for ripping dvd's?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Want to burn a couple of films ive got to DVD. Not bothered about menus etc as its just the films I want saving due to the original discs being on their last legs scratch wise!!

logical
    Free Member

Not to be used for Piracy I hope.
    But DVDshrink is great and will save as either ISO or video file.

footflaps

With the advent of fast broadband I find it’s quicker to download the CD/DVD illegally as a bit torrent and save to HD / DVD etc than to actually run ripping SW then burning SW to make a copy of a legitimate DVD.

rocketman
    Free Member

Another vote for DVD Shrink. Select re-author and it will extract the film file on its own no menus trailers extras etc

Doesn’t work with some copy-protected DVDs but otherwise most excellent

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well I presume they’ll be protected as they’re original dvd’s. I really couldn’t be arsed to be selling hooky dvd’s trust me!!

Stoner
    Free Member

DVD decrypter is ace. Can be used in conjunction with DVD shrink for er shrinking purposes.

Cougar

Is that still going? I remember switching to DVD43 from DVD Decrypter because the latter had gone pop, and that must’ve been five years ago at least. (Not that I’ve ripped a DVD in forever now though, so who knows.)

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive not used it for a bit, but I have used it since after it was “withdrawn” – since the bundled codecs still worked I think.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Handbrake in conjunction with DVD43 (the latter for removing the copy protection)……….. apparently.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

ConvertXtoDVD is the dogs!

it does everything with a few clicks.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to download any of the above??

_tom_
    Free Member

Handbrake does the job for me.

Cletus

Good guide for using Handbrake with 64 bit Windows

Handbrake Windows 7 + 8 64-Bit DVD Ripping

skooby39
    Free Member

Please don’t use DVDshrink. Even back in 2003/4 DVDshrink was considered a poor quality tool that did a quick and dirty job. DVDshrink releases online were usually “nuked” on IRC/newsgroups.

I’m well out of touch with this, but I recall the the standard was to use multi-pass CCE for best quality, although it did take a while. On a modern PC, it wouldn’t take long.

edit – google found this: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/big3-scenaid.htm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Free software for ripping dvd's?’ is closed to new replies.