Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Free Sky HD Offer. Anyone gone for it?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

Im on the sky website now and trying to replace my existing (and very old) sky box with a free hd box by the cheapest means. I can get the std set up to £30, and the HD box free but I dont seem to be able to just select movies 1 or 2, only the whole movies pack 🙁

Sky HD Offer

Im trying to get it to the minimum additional monthly cost of £18 (+ one off £30 std set up), but cant get it there.

Haribo
    Free Member

yup signed up tonight in a shopping centre 😆

we are moving somewhere that doesnt get virgin media so it was a no brainer. keep just the variety package but with the HD you get quite a few HD channels anyway

bonzodog
    Free Member

The variety package isnt a premium channel tho is it?

Did you have to pay any extra?

kevin1911

I could be being a little thick here. But that seems like a pretty poor deal to me. When I rang them a few months ago inquiring about HD, they said that if you already subscribe to Sky Movies and Sky Sports, you get those HD channels for free without having to pay the extra £10 a month. But the website seems to suggest that to get the free box, you have to commit to paying an extra £18 a month for a year – over £200. I think the Sky+ HD box was only £99 or something, so surely if you already subscribe to those channels, this deal isn't worth it.

Hoping someone will tell me I've missed something…:-|

CountZero

Damn, knew I should have waited just that bit longer…
    HD is marvellous for things like Life, and quite a few good series on FX, Sky1, etc are HD. A warning, though, programmes like Bones in HD are a little, er, gross. Decomposing corpses in car boots with the flesh sliding off the skull are not for the squeamish.

Haribo
    Free Member

i didnt commit to the movies package and got the box for free……..

haribo not paying full price or taking market BS since 1981

kevin1911

C'mon spill the (jelly) beans, Haribo – how did you do it? Was it a threaten-to-leave phonecall?

ton

all sky boxes are free at the moment.on new contracts.
    a upgrade the + or hd is £49.

Haribo
    Free Member

cheeky smile and attitude. I NEVER pay full price for anything major but im not arsey about it. I also went to buy after 5pm on a friday i.e. prob end of sales week which is important re targets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Free Sky HD Offer. Anyone gone for it?’ is closed to new replies.