Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • free parking in Portsmouth?………..or a favour
  • ton

going cycletouring in may to france. looking for somewhere to leave the car for a couple of weeks.
    any portsmouth locals know anywhere ok to do this?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Where are you travelling from? Portsmouth harbour?
    Leave the car over in Gosport and take the ferry over the water. I’ve done it loads of times as my MiL lives there.
    I’ve also left our car in a variety of places. I just scout round on Google street view for a a ice wide road with no restrictions. There’s plenty of that within 10 mins ride of the ferry.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That said, you’re probably going to find it easier to get to Portsmouth I imagine ..?

thegreatape
    Free Member

WCA lives in Southampton, and they’re basically two halves of the same town.

m0rk
    Free Member

Or leave it on my driveway, and I’ll give you a lift to the ferry.

I’d be wary leaving a car obviously unattended for a couple or few weeks in either Portsmouth or Gosport.

Email in profile (I think)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What about Bike express Tony?
    Get the bus all the way into France.

http://www.bike-express.co.uk/

scaredypants

there is free on-“street” parking but I wouldn’t leave my car there overnight

If you fancy it though:

there’s almost always spaces HERE

garage-dweller

Park outside town and cycle or get the train/ ferry in. Portsmouth has a serious parking issue and many of its streets are narrow too. The Gosport suggestion may not be a bad one if you can find somewhere at the nice end or in one of the commuter towns or villages along the A27. Fareham, Havant, Emsworth those sorts of places.

mattbee

If Mork’s offer is no good I live just outside Pompey (where A3 joins M27) & our road is quiet & most of our neighbours are old & retired so nothing goes on without their notice. Much safer than anywhere in the city.

ton

mattbee………noted mate, cheers for that.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Also our work unit ton – just email Mattbee

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘free parking in Portsmouth?………..or a favour’ is closed to new replies.