Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Free Fun suggestions please
  • soobalias
    Free Member

My son has recently started work, full time, and will begin his holiday for christmas this week. He has two weeks off, but due to blowing his first paycheck, has no money at all to his name.

IMO, having limited time back at home, he would be well advised to make the most of his time rather than sitting around being bored and skint for two weeks.

What are your suggestions for what he and his girlfriend can do, free or so close to free that i dont object to coughing up some cash….
    While he is pretty physically fit, his girlfriend is much less so

So far,
    Go for a walk (no chance) to collect some holly (maybe)
    Make a couple of batches of mince pies (ingrediants can be supplied)

soobalias
    Free Member

nobody?
    nothing?

lunge

How old is he (i’m guessing 18 ish) and does he like anything in particular?

The things I used to do for not much cash were/are:
    Baking
    Ride a bike somewhere
    Play football in the park (even in my 30’s getting a group of friends together for a kickaround is great fun)
    Chess

Junkyard
    Free Member

two young people off work with free time and something they can do that wont cost you…mmm it tough this
    Have you thought about just letting them shag each others brains out whilst you are at work?

Museums/ art galleries are free if they get tired or need a rest but really at that age they should be ok.

IanMunro
    Free Member

What are your suggestions for what he and his girlfriend can do, free or so close to free that i dont object to coughing up some cash….
    While he is pretty physically fit, his girlfriend is much less so

I guess that might probably limit things to missionary.

IHN

That needs an answer?

woody2000

Local galleries/museums?

TBH, if they don’t want to do owt, you’ll not persuade them otherwise, so why not just leave them to “it”? 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

sex and learning his lesson about spending his pay cheque too quickly

donsimon
    Free Member

sex and learning his lesson about spending his pay cheque too quickly

Judging by the attitude towards money I can’t really see the sex being any more than a very, very, very, very short term solution or any more satisfying.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Train Spotting?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANB-yZIJP6o[/video]

Motor Museum?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG_m68_km8o[/video]

Listening to Music?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCzaDRiz2U[/video]

some Exercise?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4y8mB4p-k[/video]

Balloon Modelling?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1-K2cpZkI[/video]

Cookery?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icSgs4UGvk0[/video]

soobalias
    Free Member

you are spot on there don, shag/row/shag/row i cant see them getting past the first day unless there is something else.

that and she has exams in the new year to study for.

might suggest he organises a christmas kick about with his mates

(in some defence to his spending, he did put some money away for saving, but the cash element is out, two weeks early – lesson best learned while young i guess)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Tell you he’s going to make mince pies for the poor folks so you supply cash for ingredients
    Blow the lot on drugs and cheap booze
    Spent 2 weeks in front of the telly, too out of it on cheap booze and drugs to listen to you rant about spending all that money on cheap booze and drugs.

djglover
    Free Member

Going running, having sex. Have a bare knuckle boxing match with him.

soobalias
    Free Member

BBSB, hes 18 now, making me far to wise to give him cash – i will supply pie ingrediants.

museums/galleries (train fare to Ldn)
    mates footy match
    mince pies
    music/tv
    exercise/shaggin

thats less than a week accounted for so far, I might have to record that tv program where the ‘bubbly’ bird does all that craft stuff, to find more ideas [/cringe]

hels
    Free Member

Do you have a GPS ??

Personally I think this is beyond nerdy (and I own a Star Trek uniform) but how about Geo Caching ??

They could use their imagination on how to tag each location they collect.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

hes 18 now,

so when will you start trusting him with cash?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and I own a Star Trek uniform

TTIWWP.

woody2000

I still don’t see why you’re so bothered about how he spends his time! 🙂

If you’re that bothered, why not give him a list of jobs to do and give him some cash if he does them satisfactorily? I assume he’s still at home?

Torminalis
    Free Member

hes 18 now

Bet you a whole pound he has his own plans and you can spare yourself the craft programs.

headfirst
    Free Member

I like woody’s idea, How’s about doing household chores to earn some cash? They could do it together. All you’d need to do is supply the maid’s uniform, the feather duster, the bridle and riding crop and Mr Muscle and they’ll be at it and finished in double quick time.

singletrackmind

On the way home buy the ingediants for the next nights tea .
    Make it complex enough so he / they learn to cook .
    Might stop them treating your house like a hotel ,and you dont have to cook each evening .
    Try a Lasagne , hot pot , beef and ale pie , Slow cooked lamb.
    tell them they will be eating it with you so they don’t put little presents in it for you .

Write a jobs list + rewards . Ie Mow lawn £5 , Hoover house £2 , clean windows £3 . If he is skint he will do enough to go out on Xmas eve with his mates and get slaughtered down t’pub.

kimbers

is there a local soup kitchen type place he could donate his time to

failing that…….

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Free Fun suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.