Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Free ebooks, where do you get yours?
  • lightman
    Free Member

Just got a tablet and was looking for a good site to download some books to see if I like reading from a tablet.
    Also, as I don’t have wifi, can I just download them to my computer and transfer them to the tablet that way?
    Tablets are new to me, so I’m a bit clueless.

jota180
    Free Member

Plenty on the usual download sites but google Gutenberg project

bruneep
    CountZero

You haven’t said what flavour it is, but platform agnostic readers like Kindle, Bluefire, eBookMobi and ereader will allow you to search for books via Gutenberg and other sources, and if you register with these people:
    http://www.ereaderiq.co.uk/
    then they’ll send you daily updates with free books you can download.
    Reading on a pad is no different to reading a paperback, you set the page brightness, text size to suit your eyesight, and that’s about it. Easier to read in the dark, mind!
    I’ve managed to find lots of ePub copies of old SF books, like Roger Zelazny’s Amber series, which open in eBookMobi, and some, which were paid for, which would only open in Bluefire, because of the Adobe DRM.
    There’s loads out there, once you know what to look for, and there’s tutorials available. Most will open straight into the ereader app, others can be dragged from iTunes, there’s lots of different options.
    Enjoy, I must have getting on for 200+ books on my iPad, many free, many paid for, I’m sure you’ll find it impossible to put down once you get some good books on it. 😀

lightman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, very helpful.
    I have just downloaded loads of books I would never have found in shops.
    Off to try and get through them 🙂

SD-253
    Free Member

Google has 100s of thousands of books free to download ie out of copyright. You could also try Ebay for the same thing but on a CD all free and legal to download. Not nescearily ancient books.

SD-253
    Free Member

And other sites I think this is one http://archive.org/details/inoldwest00ruxtgoog

mav12
    Free Member

Check your libary as well mine has a download section

grim168
    Free Member

rapidshare 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Free ebooks, where do you get yours?’ is closed to new replies.