Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Free Books On A Kindle
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Is it possible to get free eBooks on a Kindle- the ‘old’ eBook grey one.
    My wife has recently been given one and was hoping to get some Catherine Cookson titles hopefully free.

Any recommendations?

Duffer
    Free Member

There’s loads of free stuff on the Kindle store. Mostly old stuff that’s out of print.

‘South’ by Earnest Shackleton is very good, but i don’t think it’d interest your wife if she’s expecting some Catherine Cookson…

rossi46
    Free Member

if she’s expecting some Catherine Cookson…

She likes a bit of romance 😉

mogrim

Depending on how legal you and your wife are you can download loads of books. You probably ought to pay for them (although they’re legal here in Spain) – your choice.

There are loads of free books also available that are out of copyright, too. Project Gutenberg is a good place to start.

However you get the books, you’ll need something like Calibre to get the books onto your Kindle.

spooked
    Free Member

Dave batters obsessive cycling disorder is good. It was free and I think that’s what it’s called.

The best free cycling orientated boom I have read on my kindle so far is you’ve gone too far this time sir by Danny bent. Again it might not be free now but a good read.

spooked
    Free Member

Bloody auto correct and beer…. Should have been Dave Barter. Please excuse the other auto corrects too.

rogg
    Free Member

Go to ifttt.com, set up an account, search ‘kindle’ and you should find various ifttt recipes to automatically notify you if a new book is added to the Amazon top 100 free kindle books. Sit back and wait for the notifications to roll in. Download and enjoy anything that catches your eye.
    A lot of the suggestions will be self published rubbish, but you do get one day special offers of better known authors/books from time to time.

Jamie
    Free Member

Dig through this lot.

jon1973
    Free Member

This is well worth a look

http://www.gutenberg.org/

antigee

I live in Aus – our local library does downloadable ebooks after 2 weeks they disappear back to the library – might be worth looking at your local library (if still available in the UK)website – though you might have to go in person with a bus pass, doctors letter, U3A members card, shopping bag on wheels to join before getting access

rossi46
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I’ll be trying all these 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Free Books On A Kindle’ is closed to new replies.