Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • FREE Angus route cards
  • dab

AMBTA local route cards are now in local bike shops / tourist information centres
    Free of charge

You can also download the pack free at
    http://ebookbrowse.com/angus-route-cards-pdf-d363404336

Second set with more ” challenging” rides is in progress

http://Www.AMBTA.info

Dave

birky
    Free Member

Will take a nosey, cheers

organic355
    Free Member

I was just about to post about these as I attempted number 1 yesterday.

Any one tell me how i can comment on them or give posiyive feedback as the route description is very good at all, and we giot totally lost. Well, not totally, we knew where we were and were we had to get to but not sure how.

Route number 1 mentions the optional red sections which we decided to try, but it doesnt describe them at all.

Anyoen done Glen isla, Glen Markie & the cateran trail that can give me some pointers?

We found the area of clear fell it describes and opted to take the right red route, although not entirely sure we did. This “red” trail traversed, mainly flat across the hill in the trees and wasnt particularly technical. carried on until we hit a wall, opted to take the dowwhill option through andother area of fell, which looked like some of it had been ridden before as obstactles had been made easier with placed rocks over logs etc, but from the bottom of this we were totally stuck, in waterlogged heavy machinery tracks and not where we were supposed to be at all, didnt even get to the loch. Managed to find a route down to the left through machinery tracks which popped us out ontot the incoming fire road. but looks like we missed loads of the trail, lots of uphill and very unrewardign dowwhill sections.

Any idea where we went wrong? Think at the start of the red bit we should have headed straight on into the trees and not right?

Cheers

EDIT: just Emailed info@ambta.info for advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘FREE Angus route cards’ is closed to new replies.