Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Freddie would be proud
  • stevied
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnBNuqqz5g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

teasel
    Free Member

Like the first comment…

Imagine standing there not knowing the lyrics.?

Little chance of that.

Edit : Also like that you can see the entire crowd moving around on the head banging section around 4:05 (not sure what else you would call that – a break, maybe. Not really a middle eight… or more).

Harry_the_Spider

Brilliant.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Wow! That’s awesome!

kelvin

Fantastic!

Made be cry. Awesome.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Awesome.
    Would loved to have seen Freddie live but just a bit before my gigging days.

revs1972
    Free Member

Also like that you can see the entire crowd moving around on the head banging section around 4:05

And you can even see unidentifiable liquids being thrown around at around that point too 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fabulous.

@wrightyson well thats a better excuse than I have, mate and I decided to watch Live Aid on TV so we could see US gig too. As soon as Queen came on we realised that was a massive mistake. Never saw them. 😳

whitestone
    Free Member

Brilliant!

I saw Queen at Earls Court in 1977(? – Her nibs’ jubilee year)

wrightyson
    Free Member

My uncle was there. Only person I’ve ever met that was. He still faves about it some 30 odd years later?

mikey74
    Free Member

Impressive. Freddie would be more proud of that than what his bandmates are doing with the Queen name these days.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Incredible. I’d have loved to have been in that crowd.

jekkyl

annnywaaay the wind bloowwsss!

stevied
    Free Member

Doesn’t really matter…

nealglover
    Free Member

I saw them in Marbella 4 days before there last ever gig.

It was awesome, and very Lucky timing!

simondbarnes

Wow. Ace 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Missed seeing Freddie, but first big gig I went to was the tribute concert so nearest thing I got to seeing him live, and to me that was the final true Queen concert (John was there for a start), or near enough to one.

Top comment…

“Only Queen can rock an entire stadium without even being there?”

Gunz
    Free Member

I can’t see the video but I saw them at Wembley Stadium for the Kind of Magic tour, supported by INXS, The Alarm (surprisingly good) and Status Quo. It was amazing how one man could fill a stadium with his presence alone.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Great video.

Never saw them sadly, as they seem to have been one of the very best live bands ever/

scotroutes

I think it was ’77 when I saw them at the Edinburgh Playhouse. Bo Rap was split into two parts, one as a medlay with (IIRC) Killer Queen. The ’77 Earls Court concert can sometimes be found on YouTube. I’m sure there’s a bit where Brian points out that they don’t normally play in front of such big crowds 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“One prick, two turds and John Deacon”. 😆

Luxury Rock. Fantastic.

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks for your input. 🙄

jekkyl

What’s the rolling eyes for Harry? If you’re referring to what woppit said, it was Freddie that said that

rOcKeTdOg

I remember doing exactly that on the GD American idiot tour a few years ago. Absolutely awesome atomsphere & the crowd gave due respect to Freddies legacy. The gig is still my fav of all time.

Harry_the_Spider

If you’re referring to what woppit said, it was Freddie that said that

If so, I stand corrected.

jamj1974

It’s very cool and I am as far away from being a Queen fan as could be.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Roger Taylor’s lad now drums for The Darkness. True dat….

jamj1974

To paraphrase Alan Partridge: “The Darkness, the band Queen could have been…”

fatoldgit

Was lucky enough to see them 5 times,
    First was in 1977 last was at Knebworth … their last ever concert as far as I know.

Never failed to amaze and delight,

sorry but I just can’t summon up the enthusiasm to see them without Freddie or John,

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Freddie would be proud’ is closed to new replies.