• This topic has 31 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Freddie Mecury – anniversary
  • hora
    Free Member

RIP. I still remember where I was exactly when I heard the news. I grew up on your records.

Bregante

Dead? Are you sure?

wwaswas

that’s got to be a pic crying out for a caption competition…

hora
    Free Member

😥

Jamie
    Free Member

that’s got to be a pic crying out for a caption competition…

DezB
    Free Member

I grew up on his records too – it was the awful camp garbage my mum and dad listened to that directed me to punk 😀

hora
    Free Member

Well when I was very young my Mum played Abba to me 😆

I remember feeling abit uncomfortable with ‘I want to break free’…..but then when I bought the Lovesexy Prince album I had to walk to the till hiding the cover out of embarrasement and some of the lyrics made me 😯 😆

Gunz
    Free Member

On my fifteenth birthday my brother bought us tickets to see Queen at Wembley Stadium during the Kind Of Magic Tour (supported by INXS, The Alarm and Status Quo).
    He became my heroe from that day on.

Harry_the_Spider

DezB
    Free Member

The Alarm and Status Quo! Your brother really didn’t like you then? 😉

Harry_the_Spider

My mum played Cliff Richard and The Shadows a lot when I was a kid. Bitch.

hora
    Free Member

😆 I might add that (if you don’t mind) as my FB profile pic

wwaswas

I might add that (if you don’t mind) as my FB profile pic

You won’t keep it long – your head angle’s wrong.

😉

Harry_the_Spider

I might add that (if you don’t mind) as my FB profile pic

Help yourself to the jacket and crowd. You’ll need to contact Jamie’s people regarding the crown.

DezB
    Free Member

KT1973
    Free Member

PMSL 😆

hora
    Free Member

May I add the forum is getting funny again 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

the day he died was the day my dad taught me about AIDs and what a condom is. we had just walked from west bexington to abbotsbury and back, remember it really vividly!

derek_starship
    Free Member

HtS – I like what you did there but…that could precipitate the closure of this thread!

*struggles not to Google Image a ball gag*

project
    Free Member

A classic showman, who performed some great songs to vast audiences, and hopefully allowed the words AIDS or HIV, to be discussed openly,and for people suffering from HIV, to not be shunned or treated as lepers,which was the case before his early death.

molgrips
    Free Member

Also one of the greatest voices I’ve ever heard. Just listen to someone else trying to sing his songs, it really highlights it.

yossarian
    Free Member

lol at DezB!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Also one of the greatest voices I’ve ever heard. Just listen to someone else trying to sing his songs, it really highlights it.

This guy nails it….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I[/video]

cheers_drive

Queen playlist anyone
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrEN-YKLBM[/video]
    ……..

Coyote
    Free Member

The guy was an amazing showman.

druidh
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to see Queen live in 1976, before they had to play stadiums. A fantastic experience.

And to think that they were basically written off before Live Aid in 1985! Watch that concert now and see how Freddie absolutely owned that stage.

konabunny
    Free Member

A classic showman, who performed some great songs to vast audiences…

…including Sun City. Scumbags.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2005/jan/14/2

Raindog
    Free Member

It’s not the real anniversary – I was in London at the time visiting a friend, and his girlfriend at the time was P.A. to the lady running the “Trading Places” charity at the time. She was told he’d died but the announcement was being held back until after the real funeral to give the family privacy. Sure enough, about a week later, there was the news. Funny old world.

chupucabra
    Free Member

I was going to mention Sun City……. As for encouraging people to talk about HIV or AIDS, both he and his management company went to a great deal of trouble to deny he had either till after his death.

coffeeking
    Free Member

RIP. I still remember where I was exactly when I heard the news. I grew up on your records.

+1. Don’t think anyone’s come close since to be honest, queen were something special. Vast numbers of their songs are epic, anthemic or just musical brilliance. Each to his own though I guess. I hate punk, noisy talentless rabble.

hora
    Free Member

Fantastic music. I wonder what would have happened had he have lived? Fallen asleep at the wheel of a Range Rover?

A break then comeback?

Who knows.

I don’t care for politics. Singers are there to wauble and me to listen. When U2 etc start talking I always switched off.

All I remember is me strutting around my bedroom playing on my ‘Wilson’ guitar 😆

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Freddie Mecury – anniversary’ is closed to new replies.