Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fred Whitton – He say no……
  • Tiger6791

🙁

flange
    Free Member

Go and ride it anyway, on another weekend. In fact, do it soon’ish then you can say you’ve done the Whitton but in worse weather and no poncy feed stations #doublehard

boxelder

Lakeland Loop?

Offer to marshal and get an entry next year?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Crag
    Free Member

bummer, I’m still waiting to hear whether my drunken entry from the pub last night has been accepted.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Ping them a quick email , top of the waiting list, mate has got in 3 times in last four years off the waiting list and a few follow up emails, or there is always the guarantee £250 sponsorship as a route in if I remember correctly, main thing train as if you are in it!!

jonba
    Free Member

Did it with a friend last year as a normal ride. Parked in Keswick because it was more convenient. Arranged it so we finished with the Honister climb. Changed the nature a bit doing Hardknott earlier but saved faff with logistics.

Spent the entry fee on a café stop. Did it the week before the actual event (convenient date more than anything). It was a pleasant temperature and dry.

Nothing to stop you doing it anyway. I really enjoyed the route.

wors

can you still pick up a chip timing thingy from somewhere to record your time, but do it at anytime in the year you please?

postierich
    Free Member

had some friends stay at mine as they were taking part so i just rode the route plenty of places for drinks and food, beat them both and they were full-time roadies!!

boxelder

can you still pick up a chip timing thingy from somewhere to record your time, but do it at anytime in the year you please?

Not at the moment. GPS logging sort of makes it unnecessary though.

flatfish
    Free Member

Tuscany is where it’s at this year.

boxelder

Repeat post – pesky kids…..

flange100
    Free Member

At least you’ve already done it you urban fox you

TheDoctor
    Free Member

It’s on open roads isn’t it. Ride it anyway!

Tiger6791

Back in on a reserve 🙂

Tiger6791

Done

7hrs & 94mins

Complemented a couple of people on their Jenn socks

It was very hard & hot this year but cleared all the passes pedalling which was my aim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fred Whitton – He say no……’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts