Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Frankie Boyle, Filth Monger or Guru?
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

After watching this, I’m going with guru… amazing how a bit of out of context media spin can warp your perception:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQJ8gQHvME&list=UUGThM-ZZBba1Zl9rU-XeR-A[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t listen to that bloke shouting.
    I find Frankie quite funny personally and am unaware of the “media context spin” to which you refer.

atlaz
    Free Member

The interview isn’t helped by the fact the taxi driver is a fantasist of the first order who sees conspiracies everywhere. I think claiming the queen is the most powerful person in the world is a little far fetched.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t listen to that bloke shouting.
    I find Frankie quite funny personally and am unaware of the “media context spin” to which you refer.

I know what you mean about the shouty bit and I guess at times, I might come across a bit similar on here 😳 , however, aside from a very brief shout at the start, he’s very chilled for once…

I guess I got the impression that some of the opinions displayed in this thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/frankie-boyle-on-hunger-strike

are due to manipulation by some areas of the media.

I think claiming the queen is the most powerful person in the world is a little far fetched.

Alot of the Queens power is hidden, as mentioned in the vid, so as to trivialize her influence… Babylon n ting 😉

Garry_Lager

Frankie is a funny man and also a bit of a guru IMHO. His shock jock persona is a total red herring, but has marginalised him as a bearded ranter. That, and he seems to have gotten weary of the mainstream telly show – his last series was basically a cry for help. Would like to see him back and engaged, but appreciate if he can’t be arsed with it all.

glupton1976
    Free Member

English teacher made good. 😀

andypaul99
    Free Member

Love frankie to bits but that other bloke is a total bellend.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Love frankie to bits but that other bloke is a total bellend.

Mark McGowan (aka Artist Taxi Driver) is sound, just a bit misunderstood, and not wanting to make you feel bad, but he does have bowel cancer.

glupton1976
    Free Member

but he does have bowel cancer.

I have some news for you. There is a part of the venn diagram of life where those who are bell ends and those who have bowel cancer overlap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Indeed, and the relevance of that comment from jive.. is what exactly?

Is it to say, yes he is a knobber, but he’s a poorly knobber? Sorry but thats largely irrelevant.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I have some news for you. There is a part of the venn diagram of life where those who are bell ends and those who have bowel cancer over lap.

And some folk just sit firmly in the one circle 😉

Indeed, and the relevance of that comment from jive.. is what exactly?

Is it to say, yes he is a knobber, but he’s a poorly knobber? Sorry but thats largely irrelevant.

Don’t make me get biblical on yo ass:

glupton1976
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive – I’m glad to hear that you don’t have bowel cancer.

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t think we’re meant to take everything the taxi driver says literally are we..?
    It’s just social commentary with a bit of character surely..?

I find him quite entertaining and I really really hope he wins the turner prize

andypaul99
    Free Member

Mark McGowan (aka Artist Taxi Driver) is sound, just a bit misunderstood, and not wanting to make you feel bad, but he does have bowel cancer.

Actually, that does make me feel bad.. 😳

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Actually, that does make me feel bad..

I’m sure he wouldn’t mind… knowledge is power n that 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Phew. Glad I just referred to him as a “bloke”.

Back to the spin – I find people funny cos they make me laugh, don’t give a toss what other people, including the media, say about them. Unlike a lot of people in that there thread which you have linked to.

There is a part of the venn diagram of life where those who are bell ends and those who have bowel cancer overlap.

That’s funny. Because it’s true.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

There is a part of the venn diagram of life where those who are bell ends and those who have bowel cancer overlap.

That’s funny. Because it’s true.

I’m giggling at the mo, because sometimes I can be every bit as subjective and knee jerk as folks I am quick to judge and you have a fair point, I concede 😆 he sometimes does my nut, but I accept the delivery and listen to the message.

yunki
    Free Member
    CountZero

Alot of the Queens power is hidden, as mentioned in the vid, so as to trivialize her influence… Babylon n ting
    Eh? Next you’ll be claiming she’s one of the lizard overlords and leader of the Illuminati!

footflaps

Yunki – good link, interesting read.

penny1971
    Free Member

Frankie is a misunderstood genius

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Frankie Boyle, Filth Monger or Guru?’ is closed to new replies.