Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Frankenfork CSU Swap – Old Revs and New Sektors
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

As per the title really

I have some VGC 2009 Revelation 426’s (the dual air ones 20mm Maxle 1/8″ Steerer 140mm

The new bike is coming with 2013 Sektor RL Solo Air’s, Taper Steerer, 15mm Through axle.

As I want to run my old wheels it kind of makes sense to swap the fork lowers and internals. Plus I like the colour scheme. Is this possible? have there been any major changes between models?

angryratio
    Free Member

Would need to swap the bushings around so things match. I’m guessing the front wheel is not hope pro 2?
    otherwise hub spacer change is only 20 odd quid.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It’s a DT hugi – if there are adaptors I have a feeling the will be several thousand of pounds.

Any diagrams of the bushings? have the lower legs changed much?

Northwind

I’m not sure if that will work- the 426 Rev is a different chassis to the Sektor. Course, it could still be similiar enough.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Guess I’ll have to wait until it turns up and get the verniers out, although stripping a set of new forks just to measure the stanchion length and say “boff” seems like a wasted hour or so.

iolo
    Free Member

How about selling the revs. Selling the sectors.
    I’m sure that will give you enough funds to buy a new fork with tapered steer, correct travel and not a mish mash that you can use your old wheels with.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

How about selling the revs. Selling the sectors.

That won’t get me enough money to buy two new pairs of forks though will it?

iolo
    Free Member

Sorry. From your post its unclear you need 2 pairs.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Well otherwise I could just change the headset and use the revs, although then I wouldn’t have the “awesomeness” of a tapered steerer.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Plus if I stick with the 1 1/8 Steere it opens up slackset possibilities.

iolo
    Free Member

So what’s so amazing about these old wheels that causes you such confusion with forks?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Frankenfork CSU Swap – Old Revs and New Sektors’ is closed to new replies.