Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • France – Suggested Family Holiday Destinations?
  • shooterman

Apparent price gouging at our usual bolt hole on Lake Garda has me looking for alternatives for this year’s summer family holiday.

Can anyone recommend a decent spot for the 4 of us, including 12 year old son and 16 year old daughter?

Criteria are a reasonable guarantee of fine weather, scenic, possibility of visiting larger towns or cities to keep daughter happy and a cheeky bit of mountain biking for me. I would also like to avoid hiring a car.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Frejus/St Raphael are nice. Not far from Nice airport but I think you’ll need to hire a car

RoterStern
    Free Member

Was going to suggest Frejus, too. Do you plan to camp or stay in a hotel?

Edukator
    Free Member

St Jean de Luz and contact Doug Basque MTB for a cheeky day mountain biking. Bordeaux on the train and st Sebastian on the little train from Hendaye. The weather in the Basque country is never guaranteed sunny but it’s rarely unpleasantly hot either. Fly into Biaritz.

Not having a car is a good thing, driving on the Basque coast is slower than walking in Summer, as is Frejus/St Tropez.

shooterman

Hotel rather than camping.

Thanks to all who have posted. Plenty of food for thought!

john_drummer
    Free Member

If you do go to Frejus / St Raphael and you do want to go to St Tropez, take the boat across the bay. Driving the few miles will take several hours

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘France – Suggested Family Holiday Destinations?’ is closed to new replies.