Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Frame/seatpost interface fail – advice on seatpost clamp point req'd
  • alaslas
    Free Member

Hi – I’m sure it’s been done/asked before, but maybe I’m searching the wrong terms…

Seems that I’ve been obliviously riding around dangerously beyond the minimum safe seatpost insertion point, resulting in a bent seatpost clamp collar area on my HT frame after hitting something big at the weekend.

I’d raised the seatpost a bit before my ride and just hadn’t noticed the seatpost is shorter than I imagined, so what it’s done is slightly bend the little expansion cut-out, so it now looks a little bit ‘blown’.

Got back and stuck a long post in and it fit in ok, seems secure. Is this going to be safe to ride? Should I get a thicker clamp to try to pull it in a bit?

Advice appreciated. Oh, and it’s a Carrera 7005 aluminium frame, so it’s not going to be worth approaching a frame builder!

parkesie
    Free Member

Keep riding till you die a horrible death in an explosion of aluminium and Lycra. Or you seat post just flops about loose in the frame.

alaslas
    Free Member

Ooooo K. Let’s see that as a ‘worst case scenario’.

Anyone got anything constructive?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Frame/seatpost interface fail – advice on seatpost clamp point req'd’ is closed to new replies.