Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Frame warranty- send shock & headset too?
  • spicer
    Free Member

I’m sending a frame back to trek tomorrow for warranty, my receipt is for the frame with shock and headset. Am I expected to send them back with the broken frame?
    It would be handy to keep the nice headset for another bike, and sell the shock!/keep as a spare if it fits the replacement (if they give me one) 🙂

I assume they would just bin the whole lot if I do send them back, none of it is particularly new!

parkesie
    Free Member

Ask trek. Otherwise send bare frame expect to get a bare frame back.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

As above you will just get a frame back from Trek . Normally these things need to be sorted through a Trek dealer .

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

You will need to send the shock with the frame and you will get a new frame and shock back.

spicer
    Free Member

Shock back on and ready to go, thanks!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I will be interested to see how this plays out . What bike was it and what happened ?
    You would normally take the whole bike back to a Trek dealer who will then handle the warranty claim on your behalf . Should Trek want the frame back the dealer will strip the components including headset and shock from the frame and send that frame to Trek at Milton Keynes . Upon receipt of the new frame the dealer will assemble it with all of your old components , if they weren’t the dealer who originally sold you the bike they will make a charge for their labour . .Often if it’s a clear cut warranty firms are quite happy to just get a photo of the old frame with the BB cut out which saves all the hassle of sending it back .

spicer
    Free Member

It’s a gary fisher roscoe. Chainstay fault means they all break (4th chainstay for me, I’ve seen plenty of pics of others broken in the same spot).

The bike is going back to the local trek dealer, I didnt mean that I am personally posting it to them, just that I was getting it sent off. I see that I could have worded that a bit better!

I only purchased the bare frame (with shock & headset) at the time from my lbs, so I dont think the whole component build really applies. All the components are comparable to what trek specced the bike with originally (sram vs shimano etc). I’d already disassembled the bike- paying the shop to do it doesn’t seem to make any sense.

They have said they’ll send the frame to trek and wait for their response.

spicer
    Free Member

So a nice new remedy 9 (2015 model) is now on the way to me. Great service from trek and East Central Cycles, massive thanks to both! They did offer me a 2013 26″ one, but I thought I’d go for something new with the 27.5 (the gulf colours also look the business!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Frame warranty- send shock & headset too?’ is closed to new replies.