Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Frame warranty replacement – what to check for
  • timwillows
    Free Member

My frame is being replaced under warranty, not with an exact match, but with the one from the following year; as a consequence (maxel) I need a new back wheel, which they have offered. All other bits are to be swopped from the old bike by the LBS for the princely sum of £25.
    Anything I should be wary of or need to check on the deal before saying yes?
    New frame and wheels is likely to have a shop value of £1200, any scope for turning this into a discount on a new bike, from the same manufacturer obviously?

timwillows
    Free Member

Bump
    Surely somebody has something to say

nickdavies

Obviously bike make/model helps but without knowing that, i’d say thats cracking service from both LBS and manufacturer.

timwillows
    Free Member

Yea, tend to agree, just seeing if anyone had any bad experiences with this sort of deal

honourablegeorge

I’d be watching little things liek headset compatibility, but given th eMaxle thing, it sounds like that’s all covered.

Not uncommon for replacement frames to be the next model up in the range either. Either way, sounds like you’re being well looked after.

takisawa2

Sounds like a good outcome to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Frame warranty replacement – what to check for’ is closed to new replies.