Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Frame size question?
  • Carpediem
    Free Member

Looking at many bike photo's on the net and on here, the seat seems to be very much higher than the handle bars?

When I'm riding uphill or flat my Seat is just about the same height as the handle bars.Does this mean I'm riding a bike that's too large for me, or do people think it just looks cool having the seat up real high?

Im 5'8 and ride a 16" Hard Tail.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Anyone?

nuke

Whatever is comfortable for you.

FWIW my saddle height is roughly the same as my bar height and happen to cycle a 16" hardtail frame and be roughly your height.

dustytrails

Probably about the right size for you. more important (imo) is the reach. A saddle much higher than the handlebars is more of a racing set-up. Saddle pretty much level with bars – more of an all mountain/all day ride set-up & will encourage more control on tricky stuff. & you guessed it, bars much higher than saddle – more downhill/extreme riding. Either way, (imo) better slightly too small than too big – although as i said. 16 probs about right. I, 5'8" 1sh & 16 is where I would be looking. It depends on make & your size (long legs, short arms, long body-we're all different, If you're comfortable it's fine! I recon about a 22.25 to 22.75" toptube with a 90ish mm stem probs about right!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Frame size question?’ is closed to new replies.