Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Frame size !
  • TheDBF
    Free Member

Looking at buying an 09 stumpy, good nick, good price, only stumbling block is frame size, it's a large, and I'm only 5.9, not test rode it yet but suspect it may be too big, thoughts on this anyone ???

Am I wrong to buy a bike that's too big regardless of how good a deal it is ??

chainslapp
    Free Member

FS or HT?

druidh
    Free Member

From my experience of older Stumpies, that'll be way too big. I 'd recommend against buying as you'll never get it "right" for you.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm about the same height and have a couple of medium Specialized bikes, however I reckon I'm right at the upper end for those and would probably also be ok on the large, especially as my bikes (Epic and Enduro) both have plenty of standover. Both have quite a bit of seatpost showing as well e.g.:

If you ride it, find the TT length ok and still have enough standover then why not?

TheDBF
    Free Member

FS !!

epicsteve
    Free Member

The 2009 FS Stumpie looks like it's got plenty of standover so it'll be down to whether the TT length works for you.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm 6'2" and can't really fit in a large speccy.

insanely long top-tubes is a speccyullized feature.

sorry, you're a medium.

mattp
    Free Member

i'm 6'0/32" inside leg and have the later model spesh epic from epicsteve's above. it's an XL and feels great for me…
    try before you buy I'd suggest.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Frame size !’ is closed to new replies.