Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Frame repairs, welding .. South Wales ?
  • loughor
    Free Member

Anybody know / recommend people in Swansea / South Wales who can weld a cracked aluminum frame to a decent standard ? Not after pretty in pink stuff, functional (and safety) is priority.
    Thnx in advance..
    jkm

coatesy
    Free Member

Not sure about post-weld heat treatment if required, but Craig at P&P Supplies in Ely, Cardiff has produced some really nice tig welded aluminium and stainless parts for me in the past, and they have offered to repair my 7005 series frame. Gareth is probably the best man to speak to, tell him Sunset Cycles recommended them.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Charlie at Prospeed exhuasts does some lovely welding.

loughor
    Free Member

Cheers both, I’ll check them out. I’m bringing a bike ‘home’ to Wales from the Far East, that I’d love to be rideable again

welshfarmer

https://www.ahfabrications.com/

I took my Grapil chainstays here ^^^^ to have welded up by Lars. He is into downhill himself and his son races on the BDH circuit so bikes are a big part of his life. His welding is known in Motorsport circles to be about the best there is. Watching him weld is like watching an artist at work. And all extremely reasonable too. Frame has been fine since.

loughor
    Free Member

Young farmer Sir, thnx. Bringing a beaten old bike from HK back to UK, I’d like to make it rideable again (on the cheap-ish)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Frame repairs, welding .. South Wales ?’ is closed to new replies.