Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Frame protection options
  • pease
    Free Member

I just bought some helicopter tape for my Mach6 and unfortunately it doesn’t work very well with the matte finish of the carbon frame. It stands out like a sore thumb to be honest.
    I have been looking at other options like Invisiframe & frameskin. Has anyone tried either of these on a matte finished bike or know of any other options. I really want to keep the stealth black matte finish looking like it does out of the factory if possible.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    downhilldave

Had an Invisiframe kit fitted by Lee on my 2014 Spicy Team (matte finish) he did a superb job while I waited. Recently took the bike to my LBS who said “thought you were having it wrapped?” it’s that good.Seems very durable too. Wouldn’t want to do it myself though. Got a kit for my Pikes and found it a pain to fit.

pease
    Free Member

that’s my worry, messing it up. Invisiframe are in Shrewsbury apparently so maybe I will have to tie it in with a ride that way.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I’ve had bikes covered by Invisiframe and they do an excellent job. My son has fitted a matte kit to a matte carbon frame and it is very stealth and very tidy.

tomhoward

+1 for Invisiframe. Got it on my matte black 5010c and you really, REALLY, have to look to know its there. From what the lbs say it can be a pain to fit the first time (hair dryers etc), so I let them do it 🙂

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Another vote for Invisiframe, drop Lee an email about your trip, I travelled up from Kent for the day and he was incredibly accommodating. Top bloke and top kit.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Invisiframe is a doddle to apply. Put it on wet and you move it until your happy then use a hairdryer. The Matt stuff looks great on my sb66c. Good in that you can hardly tell it’s there.

prezet
    Free Member

+1 Invisiframe – I have a kit on my Covert. Piece of p*ss to fit, just take your time. Probably best to do it on a new frame before anything is fitted to it so you can get to the fiddly bits if needed.

I also use it on my cranks to stop shoe rub. Sadly its not string enough to stop a rock ripping through it and taking a chunk out.

pease
    Free Member

Thanks all, looks like everyone is happy with Invisiframe. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Frame protection options’ is closed to new replies.