Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • frame patches
  • tobyho
    Free Member

is there a cheaper option for frame patches than £5.99 etc for some Lizard Skin ones ?

Does anyone know of a good alternative ?

stumpy01

You could buy a reel of helicopter tape from eBay & cut it to size?

I just use the Lizard Skin clear patches as they work well (although they are a bit pricey).

st

Self adhesive puncture repair patches work well for small areas.

solarider
    Free Member

+1 Stumpy’s suggestion. A roll of helitape lasts ages and you’ll get 10 metres of the stuff for that price.

tobyho
    Free Member

just bought some Helicopter Tape from ebay.

2 x 100 mm patches – £1.90 incl delivery on a Buy It now.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Helitape also – don’t bother with patches any more – just get a role and cut some squares out and round of the corners with scissors so you don’t catch them – job done 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

I use the self adhesive puncture patche too. They work much better than anything else I’ve tried.

You could try alternative clear tapes. 3M make plenty of different sorts.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I use the self adhesive puncture patche too.

Good alternative – haven’t thought of that.

oreetmon
    Free Member

lizard skin carbons last for years (mine are 3 years old and still going strong).

copter tape is good if you do as much of the frame as you can, it can look a bit weird after a while as if the frame dulls with age/scuffing you have shiney squares of new paint work (did this on my 456 anyway)

http://www.paragontapes.co.uk do copter tape in a range of sizes and finishes (matt/gloss)

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I use the Lizard Skin carbon ones that ‘oreetmon’ has mentioned and have to agree, for the money they seem to last and I don’t mind spending a bit when they last TBH.

Worth noting: I found that the heli tape is good for shiny frames, but just doesn’t work on my annodised frame (even the anno specific one??), jut in case yours is too?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘frame patches’ is closed to new replies.