Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Frame making in Wirral by Dave…???
  • SiB
    Free Member

Friend at work in Liverpool wants to go on a frame building course, straight away I mentioned Dave Yates on the Wirral who used to do bike building courses but after searching on internet Dave Yates is in Lincoln with no mention of previously living on the Wirral! Strange coincidence?

Then I though it was Dave Reynolds…..no joy on google search, then I thought is it even Dave??

Can anyone help me with this search? Neighbour used to have one of his bikes and I could have put my life on it that it was Dave Yates from the Wirral……I’m glad I didn’t though! Any pointers or info appreciated, thanks

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Dave Quinn?

IHN

Dolan?

ninfan
    Free Member

Its Dave Lloyd you’re thinking of

SiB
    Free Member

nope, definitely a Dave (I think!!)

SiB
    Free Member

Dave Lloyd…………..thank you very much ninfan!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

….Hinde???? 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

pleasure – things of fillet brazed beauty they were

Cats Wiskas and Bees Nees seem to ring a bell (back in the days of Dogs Bolx and Donkis Nob)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

“The Wirral”

No, just no, I did not move from there to The Hampshire. 😉

doris5000

what’s the deal with Dave Hinde on here? Bought some wheels by him back in about 94, was very happy with them. Lost touch with the scene for a while, but he doesn’t seem too well liked now?

NZCol

^ Please, don’t go there.

YoGrant
    Free Member

Dave Yates used to be based at M.Steel cycles in Newcastle before moving to Lincs a while ago. That’s perhaps the confusion?

doris5000

^ Please, don’t go there.

fair enough 😆

stever
    Free Member

Not sure he builds anymore – his old steel frames from the 90s were lovely, complete with skinny stays, purple fades, lo-pro front wheels and all that jazz. http://www.davelloydcoaching.com/

jbproductions
    Free Member

Don’t think Dave Lloyd has built anything for a long time. I see him out coaching every now and then… he’s a rum old bugger… rides a Dave Lloyd branded bike and wears kit emblasoned with his name head to toe.

MrOvershoot

Dave Lloyd lives round the corner from me, he no longer builds frames IIRC the unit he had on the Clayhill Ind estate is now a furniture restorer.

He does some coaching and still rides “a lot” as the previous poster said in his bright blue/white & black Dave Lloyd kit.

I’ve known Dave since the early 80’s when he turned back to being an amateur (with the very professional Manchester Wheelers) after riding with Peter Post’s TI–Raleigh team, a medical turned up an irregular heart beat problem.

FOG

A mate of mine had a Lloyd frame built in the ’80s . It was cutting edge for the era especially with the then little wheels. Unfortunately the mate is 6ft 5 so looked rather odd on the bike!

surfer
    Free Member

“The Wirral”

No, just no, I did not move from there to The Hampshire.

You are “the boring” though

BoardinBob

BoardinBob

edit

SiB
    Free Member

“The Wirral”

No, just no, I did not move from there to The Hampshire.

You’re implying that Hampshire is not the place to be or the[/i]leisure peninsula/region 😉

SiB
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at

does The Hamps not appeal to you??

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

surfer – Member

You are “the boring” though

Got your web surfing knickers in a twist?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Frame making in Wirral by Dave…???’ is closed to new replies.