Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Frame Help. HT, Enduro & DH????
  • sluff
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice. Last year I bought an 06 Enduro and I’ve had two awesome summers trashing it around Chamonix. My plan now was to sell it and build up a hard tail (something like a Slackline with some 140mm 32’s on it) and get a DH bike (Banshee Legend MkII hopefully).

Now however I’m thinking for the cost of building up the hardtail I could just sell all the components on my Enduro (all trashed and a bit DH orientated) and build it up again using feather weight components. Is this silly, will I ever get a bike like that to a nice weight (13Kg say) without buying a carbon factory? The other thing is I’m 5ft7″ and its a medium, could probably do with a size small frame, should I just start afresh and embrace the hard tail? I can’t really afford a fancy full sus XC bike and a DH never mind maintaining them both.

Bit of a ramble, any thoughts?

Cheers,

Angus

mchlptchr
    Free Member

I’d have thought the Enduro could be built into a reasonably light XC orientated bike (28ish lbs) without too much trouble.

I know it’s a bit different but i’ve got an 03 Enduro which is used mostly for general XC duties (i even used it for this year’s SITS). It weighs well under 30 lbs, and what it lacks in uphill zoominess is more than made up for in downhill confidence.

julians
    Free Member

I reckon you could do it no problem, but you’d be into using 32mm or smaller forks, and light weight wheels, which may mean you’d lose its downhill ability. A decent hardtail frame with the same components would be lighter still.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Buy a hardtail that fits you and sell the enduro. Get a 2nd hand downhill bike next summer.

GW
    Free Member

The other thing is I’m 5ft7″ and its a medium, could probably do with a size small frame

sluff
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    Buy a hardtail that fits you and sell the enduro. Get a 2nd hand downhill bike next summer.

GW – Member
    The other thing is I’m 5ft7″ and its a medium, could probably do with a size small frame

Agreed guys.

I was thinking about putting 32’s bla bla bla on it but it would just lose that awesome Enduro ability. Been looking online, can maybe spend a bit more for a lighter more XC second hand frame for about £400.

Cheers for the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Frame Help. HT, Enduro & DH????’ is closed to new replies.