Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • frame builder/fiddler in Hampshire
  • kimi
    Free Member

Im thinking about buy a new frame but really i’d like to add a couple more braze-ons to it. I don’t really wanna have to send the frame off given the hassle and cost. Can anyone recommend someone in Hants that could add a few braze-ons to a steel frame?

Cheers.

DT78
    Free Member

Not used but have good reviews Demon frameworks used to be next to Southampton central station

mick_r

Are you good at mechanical stuff and have you got access to a good plumbing blowlamp (MAPP gas)? If just simple stuff like cable guides and bottle bosses, you could do it yourself.

Buy the bits from Ceeway plus one or two lengths of 55% ish silver solder (Ceeway also has the silver solder but not sure if he’ll do a little bag of flux powder with the rods like you get off ebay).

To be honest, for bottle bosses I just use M5 nuts with half the hex skimmed to a 6.5mm diameter in a lathe. Drill suitable hole in frame and silver in.

What could possibly go wrong?…..

kimi
    Free Member

i do have access to the equipment.. maybe i should have a bash. I might give Demon a shout but I’m not sure adding braze-ons is really their cup of T.

cheers.

dovebiker

Can’t think of any other active framebuilders in Hampshire. Mario Vaz in London probably nearest or Chas Roberts in Croydon. Argos do frame mods but not cheap.

Gotama
    Free Member

Swarf is that way and might be able to help you out. He’s Dorchester so not a million miles away.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘frame builder/fiddler in Hampshire’ is closed to new replies.