Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • frame bags – manufacturers
  • faz083
    Free Member

Can someone point out all websites that make frame bags (the type to put stuff in, inside your frame, rather than pack your frame). Either custom or off the shelf, anywhere in the world, just like to see what’s out there and available.

butcher

Alpkit are doing custom ones at the minute for £65. Think there’s a bit of a wait until you can order though.

druidh
    Free Member

Revelate (Epic Designs)
    bikepack.eu
    Porcelain Rocket

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Bikepacking Gear List

Most comprehensive list I’ve seen is here (+ add Alpit I think). Some discussion on relative merits also. HTH.

tommid
    Free Member

I got my custom made full frame bag from Buggy bags. A two week wait while its made, but it is superb and British made.
    http://www.buggybags.co.uk/pages/BikeBagOptions.htm
    The Alpkit ones look very weedy and unlike most alpkit stuff a bit crap for the money.
    Revelate are subject to postage and duty. They are also quite expensive before taking this in to account.
    Wildcat are worth a look, but are a bit more expensive.

flatfish
    Free Member

Buggy bags are quite heavy due to the material they use. Good build quality but heavy.

Revelate excellent quality but no longer make “custom” frame bags, and import duty.

Alpkit are good quality build, decent materials. Looking at the first production version it could do with a couple more velcro straps for attaching to the frame and maybe a waterproof zip.

Wildcat tick every box for me, light, excellent quality build, good comms, custom, quick. Slightly more expensive than some of the others but has been thought out meticulously.

Bikepack eu make good stuff but no frame bags.

Not seen any of the rest of the competition on Chimps list.

d45yth
    Free Member

Have a look through over peoples setups and see what you like the look of:
    MTBR
    Bikepacking.net – Rigs and MYOG.

Like stated above, Wildcat and Alpkit are more or less your only UK options. You can save a lot in postage and import tax buying from them too.

jameso

The Alpkit ones look very weedy and unlike most alpkit stuff a bit crap for the money.

800 miles or so on mine says it’s up to the job, I’m clumsy with zips, overstuff bags too often and go through rucsacs at a fair rate, yet the early sample Alpkit frame bag I have is doing well. Buggybags make the toughest looking, I have one and it’s old-boots-tough, but maybe a bit ott for many.

faz083
    Free Member

Thanks for the amazing response. Has anyone some pricing for buggybags or wildcats? It’s obviously subject to requirements, but approximately would be great.

Also how do you decide what depth you want it to be – if it’s a fatbike for example you might want it chunkier than a tiny 853 frame.

flatfish
    Free Member

Speak to them.

If you’ve got a dozen custom idea’s it’ll cost more than a plain, single zipped bag.

It’s pretty much a blank canvas for you to paint, and it depends on how deep your pockets are. :mrgreen:

d45yth
    Free Member

I would go on the the advice of the bag maker, unless you have a specific requirement. Wildcat make a different bike for fatbikes, where the front end tapers out to create more space for bulky winter kit.

faz083
    Free Member

Cool, I’ve sent an email across to Wildcat, might send one to the buggybags too. Both look ideal and UK made.

flatfish
    Free Member

Can I just add, if you’ve whittled it down to Buggybags and Wildcat.

Buggybags are made by somebody who makes bags for kite buggys.
    Wildcat are made by mountain bikers for mountain bikes.

faz083
    Free Member

Ok well I’ve pinged an email across to both to compare pricing, but I must say I prefer the minimal straps compared to the whole covered tubes approach.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Wildcat here – excellent build quality and relative light (compared to no other framebag ;-)….. c’est les ballons du chien!!

Digby

Wildcat here as well – both the frame bag and the handlebar system.

Really happy with both of them and Wildcat were really great to deal with as I wanted a frame bag that would ‘fit’ two bikes, so sent them two cardboard ‘stencils’.

jameso

faz, my buggybag has partial-cover straps, not full, partly due to frame shape and where I fit bottle cages. I had a few custom options and the bag was still under £60 delivered.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘frame bags – manufacturers’ is closed to new replies.