Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • frame
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Would a 29 front wheel and a 26 rear be so bad, im thinking hardtail and exotic materials i cant spell Ti? slack head and short chainstays ,high bb and disc front and hydro canti rear (who needs a disc on the back-they just lock)dropper friendly 31.6 and sexy wheels ? am i being daft? i used to ride 24″on a bigfoot 2 by muddyfox andit was epic – more like a bmx im waiting for IBIS on the reply????

trevron73
    Free Member

We could call it the “massive”

Driller
    Free Member

You need to get out more.

Driller
    Free Member

Doh!

BearBack
    Free Member

already been dubbed the 69er
    Stop by the NAHBS and place a custom order, some cool stuff out there

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sounds good. It’d have to be steel otherwise no one would buy it. Rigid forks aswell. Not so keen on your rear brake idea. I reckon a disc but with some GT85 on the pads. Wheels wouldnt be sexy with worn braking surfaces!

somafunk

Nah it’s a stupid idea, big 29’er front/26″ rear, rigid forked steel frame and short rear chainstays? – it’ll never catch on nor ride well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

who needs a disc on the back-they just lock

hmmm

i’m off to pitch the bike that STW built to chanel 4/5/regional itv…..

the catch is you have to ride it when it’s done

nigelb001
    Free Member

Have to disagree with the bike in the first pic being cool, it looks utter cock.

somafunk

I think it looks cooler and actually something i’d want to ride, the steering would be very direct, I’d rather take that out for a spin than have to ride 99% of the full suss bikes that are out there.

Then again i do like my bikes to have simple tubes, either steel or titanium.

Bernaard
    Free Member

I love my 69ers fnarr fnarr

May even build another, just cause I can :mrgreen:

BadlyWiredDog

It’ll never catch on…

dannybgoode

May be being stupid but what advantages are there to this set up – or am I over thinking things 🙂

Cheers

Danny B

BadlyWiredDog

The front rolls over things nicely and the big wheel effectively slackens the head angle and you can often simply adapt an existing 26″ frame rather than buying a new one, plus you keep shorter chain-stays which makes the bike feel snappier, maybe…

I built the thing above out of curiosity but it works really well and at just over 20lb makes an ace quagmire conditions race bike too.

duntstick
    Free Member

Remember these?……….

BadlyWiredDog

That would have worked so well if only it had a 650b rear wheel… obviously. 😉

… which reminds me.

mangatank
    Free Member

Have to disagree with the bike in the first pic being cool, it looks utter cock.

😆 x1 on that! What the Hell is going on there?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘frame’ is closed to new replies.