Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • fractured pelvis for Andy Schleck
  • rOcKeTdOg

Oh no!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed, but he’ll be fine for the Tour, hasn’t pulled out yet right??

mattjg
    Free Member

Guardian says he’s out. Shame and best wishes to him. I guess Frank’s still in though.

glenh
    Free Member

Convenient excuse for his total lack of form….

mattjg
    Free Member

you standing in then?

t-p26
    Free Member

Cedric did his first……

mboy
    Free Member

Bad luck, but dare I say it, Wiggins’ best chance this year right?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Oh. So it’s Cadel v.s. Brad then?

Spin
    Free Member

I know this isn’t his fault but the Schlecks are fast turning into the ‘nearly men’ of world cycling.

crikey
    Free Member

‘Tell me who was second to you and I will tell you the value of your victory’ Bernard Thenevet

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Did he break it learning to descend? 😀

mauja
    Free Member

I’m not a big Andy fan but it’s a shame he’s out, I was looking forward to seeing him have to attack in the mountains to try and make up the time he’d have lost in the time trials.

radoggair
    Free Member

broke it TT’ing at dauphine. Alot of Schleck haters, i actually like the guy and the TDF is 1 of a few tours he aims for. A 2nd, 1st and 2nd past 3 years is pretty good form if you ask me as well as young riders in 2008 (and 2009 and 2010).

Last year we all biggo’d wiggo up and i know he crashed out, but he wouldn’t of done anything anyway. This year is different and i do believe he’ll be in Yellow in Paris now Schleck is out. I love how there turning into the ‘nearly men’ of cycling. that statement makes no sense. There different kind of riders to 1 day riders like Cancellera or Boonen. You never see these guys near the front of TDF.

This year will be a team Sky TDF. Cavendish will get green, wiggo yellow and i think they’ll have 3 riders in the top 10

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Of course you’d know that Wiggins wouldn’t have done anything last year if he hadn’t crashed , I mean his form was really rubbish , he’d just won some crappy race in France , Daupin or something . This year his form is so much better , in fact he just won some big race in France , the something Libre or something like that , obviously this year he’s flying .

rOcKeTdOg

i think it’s sad, the more great riders in the race then better for the spectators, if he’s back for the vuelta the showdown with drug cheat contador should be interesting

Spin
    Free Member

I love how there turning into the ‘nearly men’ of cycling. that statement makes no sense

So you think he’s fulfilled his potential then?

For me he looked like he was going to be a really exciting rider to watch and he’s turned into a bit of an Andy Murray.

The nail in the coffin for me was all that moaning about dangerous descents. ‘Is this really what the public want to see?’ Yes Andy I’m afraid it is.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I think he has done fantastically well so far ,he’s already won the worlds biggest cycle race while in his early twenties , when he retires in 10+ years time perhaps we will know if he has fulfilled his potential .

thomthumb
    Free Member

I know this isn’t his fault but the Schlecks are fast turning into the ‘nearly men’ of world cycling.

is that a joke?

Spin
    Free Member

A tainted victory at best. He knows and we all know he was second on the road.

sefton
    Free Member

shame I was looking forward to the mountains.

Sandwich

we all know he was second on the road

Yes to some one who was cheating, ergo he was first. The other chap was not a valid competitor a bit like a riderless horse finishing first in the national.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

i think it’s sad, the more great riders in the race then better for the spectators, if he’s back for the vuelta the showdown with drug cheat contador should be interesting

Scleck will get his arse kicked by C’ntador in Vuelta.

Sandwich – Member

we all know he was second on the road

Yes to some one who was cheating, ergo he was first. The other chap was not a valid competitor a bit like a riderless horse finishing first in the national.

Pains me to say it but Contador is the best stage racer around at moment. Look at how he destroyed everyone in Giro whilst clean. And he can TT.

The Schlecks are a joke. Moaning last year that the descents were too dangerous, Frank quitting the other week for no reason (according to his DS). Moaning that Andersen wont be DS in Tour. A Schleck riding for his brother at Tour instead of going on attack. Moaning about his knee (then andersen says nothing wrong with his knee).

They cant descend, ride in the wet, cry when they are split up and A Schlecks TT ability is woeful (in context).

As someone else said on here, Evans , post worlds win has been awesome. Fleche Wallone, Strade Bianche(in Giro) with Vino -foooooking nails. Chasing Schleck in TDF with EVERYONE sat on his wheel.

And before we start on about drugs , let us not forgets frank’s 7000 Euro ‘donation’ to Dr Fuentes.

Wiggins will never have a better chance of winning TDF …..will he win it, no , cuddles will.

glenh
    Free Member

Can cuddles really take 3/4 mins on Wiggo in the mountains? Judging by the Dauphine time trial that’s what he will need to do.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘fractured pelvis for Andy Schleck’ is closed to new replies.