Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fractured kneecap
  • Fantombiker

Sitting here in hospital after a comedy fall smashed my kneecap and waiting for operation. Anyone got any positive stories about getting back on the bike….please

Bregante

I’m in a similar boat (at a&e for 5 hours yesterday after a comedy fall on a night ride on Wednesday). Fortunately my patellar isn’t broken but the tendon is torn for the 3rd time in 5 years which means 3 months off the bike and a full length leg splint.

Healing vibes.

MoreCashThanDash

A mate snapped his knee cap clean in half playing 5 a side in early November.

5-6 weeks off work, quite a bit of physio, saw him back at work beginning of January and he reckons he is pretty much back to his usual levels of (un)fitness.

Fantombiker

Thanks so much guys, appreciated

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve done both of mine over the years. Bloody painfull! I still get a few niggles now when it’s cold but on the whole they’ve been not too much bother.

shermer75
    Free Member

“but the tendon is torn”

Full or partial tear?

Bregante

Partial.

shermer75
    Free Member

Phew. Let us know how it goes!

breadcrumb

This reminds me of when a friend was about to jump from a single storey flat roof and checked his watch. Got his feet caught in the guttering and landed flat on the ground, broke an arm and broke/split his knee cap.

Dumb ass.

Drac

It could be worse it could be your patella.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

A friend did that and recovered but it took a while.

Stay positive and tell the surgeon you like to ride.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Did my right one aged 12 – clean in half.
    They just drilled 6 holes in it and basically put 3 staples in to the holes through the rather nice split I’d made for them.
    Well they did AFTER spending the best part of an hour pushing the top half back down my thigh – now that was weird!
    Was back on the MX 8 wks later but it put an end to the school boy MX racing and I had to switch to the track instead later that summer.

leegee

my thread

Broke mine into 9 pieces end of November. I can just about walk now but its painful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fractured kneecap’ is closed to new replies.