Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Foxxy Knoxy
  • DrJ

why exactly would the US not allow extradition of citizens.

Because crimes in other countries don’t count as important enough to warrant punishment for ‘Mercans.

Anyway – Italian justice: is it “best of three”, or what?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Does seem to me that the Italian Judges were/have been weighed somewhat by the tide of Italian Public Opinion, and that alone has sparked them into revisiting the case.
    Whilst I have no idea about the particulars in the case itself, other than the TV and Media attention it was/has been given, I can only see this as a good step forward to reconciling the Kercher family with something called Justice for thier child.
    Awful situation this.
    It does remain a moot point as to whether the USA will send back to Italy Ms Knox, I do wonder what they will be thinking this morning after the announcement that they could be holding a Murderess who they have been courting on the TV circuit for some time now.
    As for Ms Knox’s Ex, well that looks pretty cut and dried for him, back to prison for the best part of his life now it seems. Does make you wonder what will be going through his mind whilst Ms Knox appears to be escaping incarseration, must be torture enough that.
    😕

binners

I think we all know the real reason she doesn’t want to end up back in Italy….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

Doesn’t strike me as the most secure verdict I’ve ever seen. Obama would have to agree to extradition, and I can’t see him doing that, treaty or no treaty. All the judges have done is set up a diplomatic row.

Italy has enough extradition treaties with other countries to seriously limit her future holiday options, though.

atlaz
    Free Member

All the judges have done is set up a diplomatic row.

Or to look at it another way, they’ve convicted a murderer (in their minds, due to evidence blah blah blah). An American judge refusing an extradition request would be setting up the diplomatic row.

mogrim

Can’t help but feel that if she were ugly she’d be bundled onto the first plane back to Italy.

atlaz
    Free Member

Are you suggesting pretty, young (at the time of the murder), white girl involved in some crime with salacious details is some sort of media draw? Surely not.

mogrim

Are you suggesting pretty, young (at the time of the murder), white girl involved in some crime with salacious details is some sort of media draw? Surely not.

Any kind of crime with salacious details is a media draw, mix in attractive students and forn parts you’re onto a winner. But media draw or not, I’m sure the “foxxy” bit will help when avoiding being extradited.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Seems old Raffa has tried to escape. Reports of him being arrested at the border with Slovenia.

xcgb
    Free Member

This makes interesting reading about the evidence against her

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Evidence

Fantombiker

The Italian judicial system moves at a glacial pace at best. Look at Berlusconi, the chances of these 2 ever serving time imho is zero.

The thing about this case is that the forensics are ambiguous, no smoking gun as such, but the person who can clear it all up is Rudy Goede. He pleaded guilty, but AFAIK has never said he acted alone under oath.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The forensic evidence seems pretty damning to me.

natrix
    Free Member

Reports of him being arrested at the border with Slovenia

Really?? I heard he was 24 miles from the border and accompanied the police voluntarily

jon1973
    Free Member

Reports of him being arrested at the border with Slovenia
    Really?? I heard he was 24 miles from the border and accompanied the police voluntarily

There must be at least 3 or him then, because he was also found near the Austrian boarder, according to the BBC 🙂

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25978340

natrix
    Free Member

Yes, 24 miles from the Austrian border according to the BBC 8)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The whole situation is very sad. I doubt we’ll ever really know what happened unless someone confesses, but I don’t see how a safe conviction can be made given the intense media coverage and judgement and some of the police behaviour. Not having access to a lawyer or representative in the 1st few days of being questioned and the theory of why it happened totally changing would put enough reasonable doubt in my mind not to convict. If it were in Scotland I’d have guessed a not proven verdict.

jon1973
    Free Member

He may have been exactly 24 miles from both the Austrian and Slovenian boarders.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Austrian and Slovenian boarders.

Why weren’t they at school?

highlandman
    Free Member

“If it were in Scotland I’d have guessed a not proven verdict”

Which roughly translated into English means-

“We know you’re guilty but we’re having trouble assembling sufficient evidence to actually make it stick in front of the court”.

willard

So, hold on a second… Why’s she in the US now? I remember her being in clink for the first trial, so how did she get out? Also, I thought people would have had to sat banged up if they were guilty but awaiting appeal.

Is that not the case in Italy.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

“We know you’re guilty but we’re having trouble assembling sufficient evidence to actually make it stick in front of the court”.

Yup. Or “we know you’re guilty, but didn’t follow the procedures so half our evidence isnt admissible”.

The media circus that’s followed the case, including the interview on Newsnight yesterday, have all made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I really don’t think something of this importance should be played out in the press like it has been.

atlaz
    Free Member

Won appeal (procedural irregularities, not found innocent). Went home. Wrote book that got a $1.5M advance (but VERY low sales). Retrial found her guilty again. In theory her and the bloke are appealing again so would be free to wander around but not leave Italy (if she was there but she isn’t).

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yup. Or “we know you’re guilty, but didn’t follow the procedures so half our evidence isnt admissible”.

It’s even worse, the evidence was admissible in court. But one court of appeals illogically decided that it wasn’t.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It’s even worse, the evidence was admissible in court. But one court of appeals illogically decided that it wasn’t.

Not sure what you’re saying here? You think the appeals court was wrong and the first appeal should of been turn down?

From everything I’ve read they read the evidence the way I would of done.

dannyh
    Free Member

She did do it, though.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Guilty.

Strangely, the Italians let her go though as she won her appeal. They should live with that decision I’m afraid.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Foxxy Knoxy’ is closed to new replies.