Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox/Specialized Shock with Brain question
  • marting
    Free Member

I have a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR S-Works with a Brain-enabled rear shock On the rear end of the shock there’s a little metal pipe which connects to the hose which goes to the Brain.

That pipe rotates (stiffly) around an axis parallel to the stroke of the shock. The nut which looks like it holds the pipe in place seems to be tight, and it looks like it has been threadlocked but it’s so fiddly it’s hard to be certain.

Two questions:
    1. Anyone know if it’s supposed to move, or if it’s supposed to be rock solid (in which case mine might leak again).
    2. If it needs to be tightened, how do I do this? The nut has holes drilled radially in it, so there’s a little hole in the middle of each flat face; I imagine for a special type of spanner.

I ask because I’ve just had the shock back from TF Tuned after that junction leaked fluid and the damping disappeared, so I’d hate to have that happen again.

bommer
    Free Member

Its fine. If it didn’t turn it would be even more of a nightmare to refit to the bike

marting
    Free Member

Yep, seems OK. Just back from a cold and frosty ride. No sign of fluid leaking from the junction. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox/Specialized Shock with Brain question’ is closed to new replies.