Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fox worth the money
  • lhafty
    Free Member

My beloved wife gets me a soul as a present for my birthday. Now I’m undecided which fork to buy. I can get a deal on a ’11 140 Talas for half the price, but that’s still twice the money for a sektor. Is it worth the extra?

robhughes
    Free Member

if you don,t mind me asking…where did you see those talas bud..

bella
    Free Member

Have a set of TALAS on my hardtail from about 2003/4. Still about as smooth as when new and all the knobs and dials still do what they should. They do take a bit of looking after but it isn`t hard to do. I would make the investment if you can.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robhughes
    Free Member

come on lhafty…spill the beans. 😉

stevede
    Free Member

Unless you have the cash spare then no, the talas won’t be that much better than the sektor to justify the outlay, it will be better but will also need more tlc. If it was my money i’d get the sektor. I have owned fox forks in the past and they do seem slightly better damped than rockshox but i prefer the simplicity and ease of maintenance that comes with the pikes i have fitted to both of my current bikes (one of which is a new soul). The sektor is a very good value fork imo.

rudedog
    Free Member

The Fox will have a much higher resale value.

topangarider
    Free Member

er, Magura. End of.

stevede
    Free Member

Of course the fox forks will have a higher resale value – they cost more in the first place 🙄

rudedog
    Free Member

stevede – Member
    Of course the fox forks will have a higher resale value – they cost more in the first place

What I meant was if he got the Talas for half price (provided they were looked after) he’d be still be able to sell them on for near enough the same a year later.

This obviously isn’t a reason in itself to buy the Fox, just something to bear in mind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fox worth the money’ is closed to new replies.