Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Vanilla R owners – which spring is which?
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

Recently bought some Van R’s (140mm – 2009’s), after setting up i think i need to change the spring that came stock installed in the fork.

In the box there were two other springs, one with a bit of GREEN paint on it and the other with RED paint….

I have searched the CD manual that came with it and it doesn’t state what colour is which spring? (Unless I missed it)

Can anybody tell me what the colours are?

Am I right to assume the the one installed in the forks is the Medium and the green and red are soft and heavy?

cheers

Mintyjim

call Mojo, the Fox importer who can advise you, or call TF Tuned. Both will also help you determine which would be best for your weight.
    Cheers

Digimap
    Free Member

The one fitted is the medium, the other two are hard and soft. The hard spring is the one with the fattest steel in the coil, the soft has the thinnest steel. Line them up on the workbench and it’s fairly obvious.

FWIW I changed from medium to soft on a large turner and I’m about 11.5 stone riding the peaks. It made a lot of difference as I can really get into the fork travel now rather than just bouncing off the top couple of inches. Guess fox are weighting these for our american cousins.

Conor
    Free Member

As above, easy: get the three springs together, the one with the thinnest wire will be the light spring, the one with the thickest wire will be the heavy, and the one in between will be the medium…

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers all…. common sense i guess DOH!

you think they would highlight it and make it more obvious, you get a lovely CD manual and it mentions **** all about the coloured springs.

I’m 13.5 and the stock spring seems too stiff but i guess the forks needs to ‘bed in’ a bit

ta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Vanilla R owners – which spring is which?’ is closed to new replies.