Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox Van 36 damper service
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone done this at home? If so, what did you use to hold the damper while you unscrew the black 14mm top nut to get at the bottom out resistance? I don't have the pipe vice shown in the manual.

If, like me, you couldn't get this off, did you still manage to "bleed" the damper properly just from the bottom end?

nasher
    Free Member

You mean removing the damper cartridge from the forks or actually pulling the damper cartridge apart?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've got the cartridge in my hand right now. The nut's off and the bladder is out but I wanted to check to bottom out resistence position. However, to get to it, you need to hold an oily shaft and undo a thin 14 mm flat that was done up to about 55 in-lbs!

nasher
    Free Member

Good Luck!!!!

I thought they were not designed for home servicing!

Onzadog
    Free Member

That's what was said originally but there's instructions for it on the Fox site now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

well, they're back together but it still feels like the top quarter inch doesn't have the same rebound control as the rest of the stroke. I can tune it out but only with what feels like too much rebound damping while doing the garage test. Real world testing and then a call to TFT or Mojo I guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox Van 36 damper service’ is closed to new replies.