Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox Triad shocks…are they generally unreliable?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve a Camber, which thankfully is still within it’s warranty period. It’s an ace bike, but I’ve encountered a few issues with the Fox Triad shock.

First off, the lockout failed and allowed a couple of inches of free, undampened movement. This was checked by Mojo who reported that they’d not found any fault and had merely replaced the bushings…however the shock was returned to me with a fully functional lockout. Two rides later, oil starts spraying out of the lockout/rebound dial assembly mid-ride. Thankfully Mojo are sorting it under warranty.

I’ve read a few reports of patchy Triad reliability, but have I got a potential pup on my hands here?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Not realy, if lockout failed it would be the valve inside the shaft which need attention so if they found no fault how is it fixed ?

I have 2 bikes with Triads on one four years old and tother 2 years no issues.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It was suggested that in the original instance the shim stack washers had warped. But Mojo claim there was no issue.

The piddling oil is definitely a wonky seal – I’ve an RP23 and a Float which have thirteen years use between them and I’ve never had this issue before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox Triad shocks…are they generally unreliable?’ is closed to new replies.