Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox triad rear shock problem
  • stoddys
    Free Member

I’ve just received a specialized 2006 fsr frame. More than happy.
    The seller said the rear shock would need a full service, not one to be put off I purchased the rebuild kit.
    All ok so far, I replaced all the seals as per you tube. Pice of cake.
    Whilst I had it in bits I noticed the propedal lever was lose and spinning around easily
    Found this
    http://www.dhfr.ru/fox/Content/Service/Rear_Shocks/Triad_RPL_rebuild.htm
    And this
    http://www.dhfr.ru/fox/Content/808-17-025_RevA.pdf
    Very useful, so I stripped cleaned and rebuilt.

I went to reassemble the lever assembly. One drawing shows it face up, and all the pictures on the net of the shock show it pointing down towards the bottom of the shock.

I rebuilt it facing down, and facing up. but when I compress (set on slow rebound) the shock to thread the air barrel on, it’s not slow, it’s the same as set on fast rebound.
    So loads of effort later I managed to get it threaded on.

But why is my slow rebound not slow. And I’m not sure if it locks as the frame is not built up to test.
    It holds air fine 100psi over night.

Help!!

Quick edit..
    I did not touch the nitrogen end of the shock.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Triads have a bit of a rep for discharging most of their damping oil.
    Time for it to go to get a full damper service with loco!

Conan257
    Free Member

Had the precursor to the Triad on a 2005 bike. It’s the rebound damper which has gone as bigyinn describes. If you want it fixed it’s off to a professional (you could do it at home, but probably not worth the effort).

stoddys
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    Problem is I’m in cyprus and there is nothing worth talking about shop wise so it’s all via the Internet.
    So 2 questions.
    Am I going to notice the lack of rebound adjustment?
    Is fixing this all in the nitrogen charged end, if not can I take it on. If so any links?

Was just building it up for fun. I’m no pro rider I’m between fun weekender and sport.
    I was going to swap out a giant NRS frame 2004.

NormalMan

Might be worth emailing Loco Tuning as they are really helpful as a company or the forum member LoCo might be along on this thread if not.

stoddys
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion Normal Man.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sounds like an oil or gas or both leak, It’ll need a full service to rectify I’m afraid.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

i had one cough up all its damping oil on a ride. covered the bike. \loco sorted it as it was the one with the custom fitment to the yolk on my stumpjumper. otherwise i’d have swapped it for a standard one myself.
    faultless rp23 so far.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox triad rear shock problem’ is closed to new replies.