Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Triad lever question (and Fork dust seal removal?)
  • fennerhorne
    Free Member

i managed a service of the Fox Triad rear shock on a Spesh FSR XC, but I’ve got probs with the lockout/pro pedal lever – it just goes round no ‘stops’ (as it did when I got it) there seem to be 2 grommet screws holding the damping/lockout assembly in place, do I neer to let pressure out before I remove this, and what should I look for?

Also, I’m having huge problems removing dust seals/inner seals off of lower legs on a Recon fork, shouldn’t they just pop off? The seem to be stuck and I’m reduced to cutting them off with a Stanley blade, but that can’t be right can it 🙁

Thanks Martin

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hello, I have a Spesh FSRXC and the same thing happened to my triad in January, along with stuck down & oil loss. I sent it to TFT and it came back 100% fixed. I know this doesn’t really help in terms of how you’re going to fix yours, see it as encouragement that it can be fixed!

auricgoldfinger

Have a look over at the MTBR suspension forum. There are loads of good links to detailed service instructions (with photos) for Fox stuff – you might find something there. Useful, as some of the guides you get from Mojo etc are a bit generic (i.e. the current leaflet for quick clean of lowers and re-lube misses some bits for removing a 36 TALAS lower)

fennerhorne
    Free Member

Thanks auricgoldfinger I’ll try that, and annabananna for the encouragement 🙂

mrfrosty
    Free Member

DO NOT remove the adjusters they are under 500psi of nitrogen, if the blue lever just turns with no stopping for propedal, open or lockout its prob lost oil which will require a rebuild/ service depends how old- poss warranty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Triad lever question (and Fork dust seal removal?)’ is closed to new replies.