Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • fox talas strange behaviour
  • firestarter
    Free Member

my 09 talas used to pop back up to the next setting when i turned the dial. Now from 100 to 120they slowly slide up and going to 140 i have to lift up the front. Also after riding a while they seem to sink into their travel ie if set with 30mm sag after riding around they sink to around 70mm til i lift the front. Any ideas they arent losing air at all so im not sure they are not that old either thanks

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Best bet is to give the talas spring a quick strip down then see how it is after.

firestarter
    Free Member

mmm now how would i do that 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

The manuals are on the Fox site, but Talas looks like it works on the principle of witchcraft and virgin sacrifice!
    Im sure other will be along to say its a piece of p!ss, although setting it up after strip down looks to be a fiddle.
    And i think you'll need a modified football needle to repressurise the Talas chamber.
    Might be worth doing a strip down and clean of the forks first, before you start ripping the Talas side of things apart.

br
    Free Member

My 36/2006's do that when they need a service… contact Mojo

firestarter
    Free Member

bugger i was thinking that might be the case ;-( think i might give tft a look thanks

cp

yep mine do it – TALAS needs stripping and cleaning, which usually does it, though you may also need the seal kit. can do it yourself, it takes quite a while though! (I say you can do it yourself, you need a football pump adaptor to discharge the IFP chamber, and then to pump it up again afterwards….). an patience, lots of patience. and an open-minded approach to interpreting the FOX instructions, as they are incorrect/mis out stages in places….

firestarter
    Free Member

is it the travel adjustment not coming up properly or the sinking into the travel during use you fellas are suffering from or both thanks

firestarter
    Free Member

ive just let out all the air and pushed the fork all the way down and cycled a few times i then put air back in and repeated . now when up to the correct pressure it now pops back to each travel setting . im all confused i wonder if ive cured it (for now)

bigyinn
    Free Member

I reckon a lower leg clean and lube will sort it. Perhaps they just need a good clean out (not the Tala bit, but the rest)?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just try a quick seal service and oil change – can be done with basic tools before you spend £100 on a full service unless its overdue to a full service i.e. 2 years + 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers will look into how many tools i will need 🙂

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

As you have an 09 fork you'll be happy to hear fox did away with the IFP chamber for 09 and its alot easier to service…no football adaptors needed! See here.
    Do a lower and seal lube whilst your at it and they should be running sweet. Any more questions feel free to email me…they really are easy forks to work on so dont go wasting £100s on servicing…

firestarter
    Free Member

thanks for the link problem i have is i think i need all the tools and then id prob mess it up 🙁

firestarter
    Free Member

mailed you mate
    thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘fox talas strange behaviour’ is closed to new replies.