Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox talas 34 160 ctd setup
  • jamesy1984
    Free Member

Hi I’m struggling with setup on my forks. I’m 14st pretty fast and technically on it, (not bragging but it’s true) I run maxxis hr2 3c on the front. I’ve been riding a lot and am really railing turns however I’m struggling more with the front washing out, I’ve never adjusted the suspension other than the factory settings for my weight. sag seems ok but I’m a bit lost as to what’s best for rebound. Any suggestions?

Thanks

oddjob3000
    Free Member

So you’ve got your air pressure set. Your rebound should be fast enough to allow it recover quickly after a compression, but not so fast that it kicks back like a po-go stick.
    Its a case of making small adjustments and going for a ride. The key is to remember that 1 or 2 clicks of adjustment may not feel like a huge difference when you bounce in the carpark but will make a huge difference when out on the trail at speed.
    There’s nothing more to it than that.
    You can add spacers to the Talas air chamber but that’s only worth messing about with if you truly understand the dynamics of the fork and have a good understanding of the air characteristics.
    Once you’ve got the rebound set up you’ll be fine and dandy!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve never adjusted the suspension other than the factory settings for my weight. sag seems ok but I’m a bit lost as to what’s best for rebound. Any suggestions?

Play with the knobs and learn about suspension, it’s a hell of a lot to do with feel. People tell me my rebound is fast but it’s how I prefer it. Sag is not factory but how I like it.
    In the end I dropped an Avalanche cart into my original 34/160’s and it’s brilliant set how I like it.

however I’m struggling more with the front washing out

This may not be the fork though, how do you weight the front? How do you ride? If I’m on it I’m generally riding the front and making it stick.

jamesy1984
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, small adjustment at a time makes sense. I’m not scared to put the weight through the front wheel, although it has been really dry here recently, more gravel over hard packed than usual so that’s probably not helping. Just the faster I’m getting I don’t feel setup is as good as it should be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox talas 34 160 ctd setup’ is closed to new replies.