Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox Stanchion marks
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Fox (Mojo) still do replacement stanchions. I’ve found some small marks on my fork and not sure if they’ll be just fine as they are or if stanchions only could be replaced at some point. A new fork would be most certainly our of my price range right now.

Link to picture here (as google images don’t seem to want to embed) – https://goo.gl/photos/CUhSCfziSzkyVMQM9

jonnyboi

Hard to tell from the pic, are they just the scattered chips or are there some vertical wear lines there?

If it’s the latter then the fork probably had bushing wear from lack of servicing. Is oil getting past the seals?

You’ve got a few options, new uppers, try filling in the damaged area with a teeny amount of nail varnish or just service it more regularly and keep riding until it dies then replace the uppers.

If it’s just those chips and they aren’t causing oil to get past the seals then just stay on top of your servicing and don’t worry about it

bungalistic
    Free Member

Just some small scattered chips, no vertical wear lines or oil leakage. Fork is pretty new so is is good condition other than wherever these came from.

njee20
    Free Member

With a CSU being £250+ I’d just use those. Spend the money saved on a photography course so you can take in focus photos next time 😉

bungalistic
    Free Member

Ha ha just bad light in the room I took the picture so it looks pretty rubbish I agree

Milkie
    Free Member

Nail Varnish if you are feeling brave.. I’ve done it a few times, with 1800 wet n dry, used wet. Do a search, I’m pretty sure I’ve talked about how to do this in another thread. The hardest bit is having the balls to sand down the nail varnish, take your time, use loads of water and it will be fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox Stanchion marks’ is closed to new replies.