Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox shox instructions: what do you make of this?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Just looking at their online help. Wondered what people round here think of this type of thing?

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/09/Eng/2009_OM_eng.htm

stratobiker
    Free Member

Think of it in terms of what?

It looks pretty comprehensive to me……s’pose the dislaimers get on yer tits a bit…..

robhughes
    Free Member

benn through it for my rp23 it,s spot on

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Was just curious to see if anyone had any comments about the presentation style (online help) for this type of content.

Apparently not … cool.

I will take this two-person survey as statistically representative. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

agh i hate that shitty website. It’s like web 0.2!! no wonder the sag on my rp23 – is all wrong!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Ha ha, is it 1999? I do believe they’re what was once known as frames

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

That’s more the sort of comment I expected 🙂

It’s web help – but I suppose you could also call it frames … (not sure if technically they actually are frames or not).

Lots of people use it for software help but it looks a bit funny when you encounter it like this, I think. Mind you, I don’t think Fox have done a particularly good job with the skin.

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

Thankfully the content is spot on, so it’s not all bad and at least you can find exactly what you need in very few clicks.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m not seeing what the problem is. All the information is easily found and is never more than a couple of clicks away. Perhaps the OP can mock up an example of how they’d prefer it?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

druidh,

The OP wasn’t complaining. The OP is considering web help as a solution to a particular design problem, and would use the same software that Fox used to build theirs with, and was just doing a bit of informal market research 🙂

Encouraged by the comments along the lines of ‘it gives me what I need’.

retro83
    Free Member

It’s easy to navigate, you can drll down through various sections without waiting for the page to refresh. I don’t like frames on general web pages, but for things like that they work pretty well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox shox instructions: what do you make of this?’ is closed to new replies.