• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rs.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox Shox App
  • danrandon
    Free Member

Has anyone used the Fox app on their iPhone to setup their suspension?

If so was it fairly good or a bag of poo? I quite like the idea of it but don’t really want to play with it if its pants.

plyphon
    Free Member

really? in the time you took to post this you could of downloaded it and tried it yourself.

danrandon
    Free Member

not when the bike is 30 miles away i can’t. Just wondered if anyone had used it with success.

It seems like you are not allowed to ask sensible questions on here but can post drivel about dog shit posters freely.

A simple question that was fair. Glad you took two minutes out of your busy life to be helpful!

philfive
    Free Member

As concept it’s good but it doesn’t have any of the 2013 or 2014 forks in it.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

I used it when I got my bike last year. Great app, easy to use but I’m not totally sold on how accurate it was.
    I followed the settings for 6 months until a semi pro rider I got chatting to on a trail changed my settings after some discussion. My bike felt completely different and I blasted most of my previous Stravas from then on.

From my experience take 10-20 PSI off what the app recommends and start from there adding or subtracting air as required.

danrandon
    Free Member

Cheers Philfive – I’ve downloaded it and i’ll give it a try – its seems quite clever though. I’ve got my default settings written down so i can compare and contrast the suggestions.

At least someone round here can be helpful 😉

danrandon
    Free Member

Cheers Sparrowcar. I’ll bear that in mind when playing.

halo25
    Free Member

I have it – doesn’t work with my 2013 forks or shock and just says Null for pressures whenever I do anything with it.

Shame really as its a good concept.

I see a good few posts here just get snappy replies.

hopkinsgm

Worked fine for the OEM fork and shock on my 2013 Commencal, and also helped with a basic setup of some 2013 OEM forks that I got cheap which are fitted on another bike. As always with suspension setup, there’s an element of personal preference and any manufacturers recommendations will tend towards the conservative side of things. As always, the “best” setup will be a very personal thing, so expect to do a certain amount of dialing in to get things “just so”, but as a simple method of getting somewhere in the ballpark, it’s not bad.

zerocool

It worked well, but sometimes it takes a few attempts at getting it to measure the sag right. But much easier than guessing as we used to. Nice for base settings

Tom KP

rs
    Free Member

I made a little app similar to this but arguably more useful as you can use it with anything https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bike-setup/id794196208?mt=8, it won’t take a picture of your shock and tell you your sag but it does help record settings until you find the ideal setup.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox Shox App’ is closed to new replies.