Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fox shorts warranty help
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Bought some fox shorts for 55 quid which i dont think is cheap for a pair of shorts. Ice only worn them 3 or 4 times and theyve developed a hole in the bum/arse area. Never been crashed or snagged so im a bit miffed
    Ive emailed chain reaction who i bought them from and explained the situation and have basically been told its abrasion so its my fault.
    Any ideas if its worth chasing fox or pursuing at all ?

andywoodall
    Free Member

I’ve never dealt with Fox for such issues, so this post is perhaps a little unhelpful, however I can say that when dealing with Madison over a similar issue (new shorts, rapid wear rate at a seam) I was told it was usual wear and tear.

I fully understand the concept of wear and tear, but I expect (like you) for any clothing that costs that kind of money to last more than 30 bloody days.

I now avoid Madison shorts (shame as I love their jackets) and tend to wear Endura Humvee’s and some Fox stuff, both of which seem to last for 6 months hard use before giving in.

bigyim
    Free Member

Im with you. Totally understand wear and tear and am i big fan of fox stuff but wear and tear shouldnt apply to something thats hardly been worn

smatkins1
    Free Member

CRC are usually fantastic with warranty claims so this is surprising. What sort of time period are we talking about for these 3 or 4 times you’ve worn them? I can’t see how they can argue it’s wear and tear if you’ve only had them two weeks.

The few bits of fox clothing I’ve owned haven’t lasted long though. They’re borderline on my ‘avoid list’ now.

Simon

I had some Fox Demo shorts from Leisure Lakes where the ratchet strap snapped the first time I wore them.
    LL didn’t want to refund for them until they’d sent them off to Fox/distributer for inspection.
    I pointed out that the shorts weren’t fit for purpose/had a fault and my contract was with LL not Fox. They reluctantly refunded my money but minus PayPal fees!!
    I’ve not bought anything from LL since, (this happened in 2012).

bigyim
    Free Member

Id say its around 60 miles. None in the rain and mainly canal path or country lanes. Ive got another pair of fox shorts and they have lasted around 8 years!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fox shorts warranty help’ is closed to new replies.