Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox Shock servicing
  • northernmatt

I’ve just got a SH frame with a Float R shock which has been sat unused for about a year or so and before that wasn’t serviced for about a year. When compressed it makes a squelching sort of sound. Can I just get away with changing the seals or am I best off sending it away to Loco or Mojo? How does their service differ from changing the seals, what else do they do?

tinglesrack
    Free Member

The only seal kits available to consumers is an Air Can kit which replaces all seals in the air can and the seal block. Squelching sounds will be the damper oil inside the shock body tube and these seals are not available to buy at retail. Its a send-away job :-/

northernmatt

Bugger 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

Not available from fox to buy…

coatesy
    Free Member

A full service will involve a full stripdown to it’s component parts, an inspection, replacement of all internal and external seals (some incredibly fiddly seals inside), rebuilding to tolerances, bleeding the damper, recharging the high pressure nitrogen, and fitting new bushes.It normally takes me well over an hour, as opposed to the 10 mins of an air can service, so Loco’s prices aren’t bad at all considering his expertise, and parts cost.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Coatesy, where do you get your damper seals from? Would you care to share your knowledge 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

I’m a good mate of Simon/Loco, and do my shocks under his supervision, it’s not something i’d be attempting at home.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox Shock servicing’ is closed to new replies.