Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox Service question
  • Stevo210
    Free Member

Just fitted new leg seals and replaced the oil. Its all back together now.
    Wanting to replace the float fluid in the top of the air chamber. Never done this before but from what I can gather I unscrew the large nut at the top and pour in a 5cc float fluid pillow pack.

Question is, is it that simple? and should I have done it first while the lower legs were off etc. Or can I just unscrew the cap and pour it in now? Is it its own separate chamber or does it mix with the fork oil?

Forks are 2008 F-Series 120 RLC

Hope that vaguely made sense.

toppers3933
    Free Member

it is separate oil. unscrew the cap and drain out any oil that is in there. clean as well as you can and replace the oil. for future reference its best to clean it out with the forks apart. did you drain all the oil out of the damper cartridge? have you got the lockout working ok?

bullroar
    Free Member

You should let all the air out via the valve on top of the leg before undoing that big nut.

toppers3933
    Free Member

clearly. unless you want to have it surgically removed from your face. 😀

i made the assumption that the op had already done that and/or realised that undoing it without releasing the pressure would be a very silly thing to do.

plyphon
    Free Member

Haha, yes let out all the air of the fork or effectively you’re about to make a pneumatic cannon.

Stevo210
    Free Member

haha glad I asked the question as a pneumatic cannon in the face may not have been pleasant.

t is separate oil. unscrew the cap and drain out any oil that is in there. clean as well as you can and replace the oil. for future reference its best to clean it out with the forks apart. did you drain all the oil out of the damper cartridge? have you got the lockout working ok?

Yeah I think so, if thats where you poke an allen key in to it and compress the assembly then yes. Lockout working just splendid 🙂

Stevo210
    Free Member

it is separate oil.

should there just be a bit of float fluid knocking about then….whats its purpose if its separate? whats it lubricate….in layman terms.

toppers3933
    Free Member

cool just checking because sometimes it needs bleeding to get the lockout working again. if its working then all good.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Right, got the cap off with no eyes missing. There was a fair bit of green oil in there. Probably a bit more than the 5cc of float fluid I was putting in. Is this normal?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Perfectly. I presume you’ve already done it but just empty it out, clean as best you can and put fluid back in. Make sure the seal on the top cap and the threads are both clean, reinstall cap and re-inflate. Done.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Yup all done. Thanks for all the help 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox Service question’ is closed to new replies.