Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox RP3 Push Tune or Service & volume adjusters?
  • granny_ring

Following on from my other thread, it’s looking like the Pushed RP3 fitted to my new to me HL Flux frame maybe goosed.

I spoke to someone at TF Tuned and I need to check a couple of things first but it’s looking like it is.

So not having ridden a ‘working’ Pushed shock, how do they compare to one fitted with volume adjusters ie what’s the difference?
    Is it worth spending £100 or £150 (not sure what the cost would be) in sorting the shock and sorting out the Push settings.
    OR
    I have got a spare RP3 that I could experiment with the adjusters and send to Loco for a slightly cheaper service if need be.

Any advice on which way to go?

Thanks.

poah
    Free Member

given than there isn’t much difference between a serice and push tune go for the push tune. volume adjusters will only modulate the ramp up at the end of the stroke. Push does a lot more than that

Northwind

TBH if the shock volume is wrong as it is, it’ll probably still be wrong post-PUSH, 2 different things. Spacers aren’t expensive and they’re easy to fit so it’s worth doing just out of interest (and can be replicated with grease, btw, on most shocks)

Only trouble with shock tuning is you really need to know what you want it to do. You can just go “make it better” but there’s no guarantee that the changes will suit you, it’s so much a matter of taste.

Also, if the shock’s not working right as it is, you’re not really working from a good base (I asked Loco to tune my RP23 for less initial resistance, he said “I could do that, but it’s ****ed, if I fix it you’ll probably be happy with the stock tune”. Good advice)

No one right answer I think. My old PUSH RP23 did work a little better than my current one, for me, just that bit more supple but still controlled. But ymmv.

LoCo
    Free Member

If the Push shock isn’t working right is it a component that has broken or is it just in need of a service?
    Happy to inspect either or both shocks both will be adjustable tune/damping wise & adjustment of air volumes is a simple job too.

granny_ring

Hi Simon, I’ll email you in a day or two cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP3 Push Tune or Service & volume adjusters?’ is closed to new replies.