Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox RP23 shock – reliable?
  • cinnamon_girl

How do folk find these? Reliable? Does anyone get them serviced regularly?

Would be very interested to hear of your experiences.

Thank you so much!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah no issues – I wish their forks were as reliable!

Drillski
    Free Member

second that on the forks – RL 80’s now looking like needing their FOURTH set of uppers in 18 months from new.
    SEALS SHOULD SEAL for **** sake!
    wouldn’t touch another Fox fork if you payed me!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for your replies.

I love my Fox forks though, never had problems with them but now get them serviced annually. One pair are 5 years old.

emac65
    Free Member

Mine’s two years old with lots of use & still going strong…
    Might give it a service at the end of the year,then again……….. 8)

coatesy
    Free Member

No problem with shock or fork, full service once a year, air sleeve service (p**s easy)every couple of months on the shock, likewise clean and lube the fork seals and foam rings at the same time.

GaryLake
    Free Member

To be fair I’m being a little harsh on my forks – I ran them 16 months with no maintenance and they start pissing all the oil out the seals (but oddly still worked fine when I took them off – will find out soon whether it’s bad or not)

jimw
    Free Member

The one on my Orange 5 had to be sent back to Mojo under warranty as it developed a fault after six months- first 3-5mm of travel seemed to lose pressure and damping, then ramped up to ‘normal’ for the rest of its travel. This made the suspension clunk in a similar way to a loose pivot bush. No issues with the warranty, LBS took it in on a Saturday morning early and I had it back on the bike by Wednesday afternoon- full marks all round. Incidentally the rebuilt shock seems much better than it ever was before – smoother though travel etc, so it may have been slightly faulty right from the start?

hustler
    Free Member

Mine got stuck down after 6 months, sent to MOJO by LBS under warranty came back 5 days later and was better than before. Think they need a service again as oily marks present at the end of a ride

pedalhead
    Free Member

Fantastic for an air shock imho, far better than DHX Air. Less blowing through the mid-stroke & really good small bump performance with only the occasional bottom-out on my Fivespot. Mine’s PUSH’d though, and I haven’t ridden the stock item.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23 shock – reliable?’ is closed to new replies.