Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fox RP23 boost valve pro pedal doesn't do anything can anyone help ?
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi thanks for reading this I’ve just bought a Chumba vf2 and it came with a Fox RP23 boost valve rear shock but when the pro pedal doesn’t do anything even on the 3 setting I’m bouncing round like I’m on acid !! Anyone have the same problem if so how do I fix it maybe service ?? Cheers ,Mark

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s borked. Needs a full stripdown and service. £100 ish from TF tuned.

I’ve found that my recently built up (5 months after purchasing) eBay frame has the same problem.. 🙁

Sad that some sellers aren’t able to reveal crucial bits of information like this.. Hey-de-ho..

stennah
    Free Member

Shit and blast !! Thanks pal looks like the kids aren’t getting as much as they thought this year

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Might not be broken. I had the same thing on a commencal. Sent it off to tf tuned to get pushed and they adjusted the feel at each setting.

stennah
    Free Member

How much did that cost ?

devash
    Free Member

Its not broken, it just needs a service / nitrogen charge.

stennah
    Free Member

Thanks Devash I’m liking that answer most

zippykona

It seems a common problem. TF sorted mine.

stennah
    Free Member

Looks like TF then thanks everyone

DiscJockey
    Free Member

When you say it’s causing you to bounce around, could it not just be you need to increase the rebound damping to stop the shock springing back too quickly ? (turn the red dial clockwise to increase damping).

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed that my pro-pedal does anything, and that’s since new. I’ve never bothered getting it checked as my Maestro linkages do a good job at reducing ‘pedal bob’ but I’ve always suspected it’s been broken since new. However, the rebound damping has always been OK. As someone mentioned above, I think the pro-pedal relies on the nitrogen charge.

Another reason a poorly tuned RP23 can be too bouncy is when you’re having to put a lot of air pressure in to prevent the shock bottoming out. This was happening on mine, so I fitted Fox air volume reducers, and they did make a difference.

stennah
    Free Member

I’ve played around with the rebound and it’s hardly made a difference my Heckler and Jamis Dakar are both fox rp23 and they are set up bang on I’m just gonna bite the bullet and get it serviced

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23 boost valve pro pedal doesn't do anything can anyone help ?’ is closed to new replies.