Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox RP2 shock losing air – could be down to shoddy drop-off landings
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

On a 2009 Giant Trance (105mm), it’s losing about 30psi every ride (doesn’t seem to lose air when bike is inactive). I’ve been doing a few drops lately and given my fairly loose style(!) I’ve landed heavily a few times, hearing quite a loud crack from the frame. The frame is pretty bomb-proof, so I think this might have caused some problem with the shock. What’s the remedy – will somewhere like TF Tuned have to sort it, is it fecked or can I service it myself?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

maybe just buy a new seal kit and fit it. fairly easy job if you follow the instructions, don’t do it without instructions otherwise you might get a nasty suprise. You’re supposed to take them apart and clean the seals from time to time.

coatesy
    Free Member

More likely to be a damaged shaft than a seal if it’s only losing air when in use, check the shaft for scratches, chips and dents.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dr_Bakes
    Free Member

If it turns out to be screwed let me know as I have a one just back and untocuhed from a service where it also had a new shaft and air canister. Mine was seriously messed up so I had it rebuilt only to be tempted by a new frame while it was away!

I was planning on selling the old frame (Trance 2006/7) with the shock but could be tempted to part with the shock separately. It’s a 165 x 37mm Float r so may not fit the newer model?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP2 shock losing air – could be down to shoddy drop-off landings’ is closed to new replies.