Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fox rp2 grinding noise, can I service?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

As title, leaning on the bike yesterday noticed a grinding noise as the shock went through its travel. This does go after a few compressions. So seems like a service can I do it meYself?

somafunk

You can strip the air canister and service the shaft seals with a fox rp2 service kit, give mojo a call and get it from them. A very simple job and i’m sure there’s loads of vids on you tube showing how.

It may be worth your while checking all bearings and linkages on your frame at the same time.

LoCo
    Free Member

As above, air can service, check rear end of bike when shock it out for noise, mounting hardware for play, if shock still making a noise full service time (due every 200 hours (fox say)) usually every 12 to 18 months.
    Any further queries on parts or services feel free to drop the workshop an line.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Cheers loco, only downsode is the price. When I can buy a new one for £20 more.

xiphon
    Free Member

I think he meant “services” in general, not just for the RP2

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Yeah but already found out the price for a service, as much as id love to pay that. Although might struggle finding a replacment.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Loco’s prices are rpetty reasnoble. I thought the same as mine has blown up twice and now just out of warrenty. LOCO rebuilt it with assorted bits of other shocks so hopefully it’ll be more reliable this time! Including postage, some new bits and a custom tune it was a little over a hundred quid which is about a third of the price of a new one from Fox (CRC might have some in a bargain bin, but theodds of it being the right size or tune and still needingmouting hardware?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fox rp2 grinding noise, can I service?’ is closed to new replies.